You know, we should make a list...

Bill Lantry

Dear Colleagues,

In the interests of greater harmony, I've decided I *should* after all, edit this post, as it could be read as calumny. I have retained the remonstrance and the apology.

Thanks,

Bill

Last edited:
Dear Ken,

Sorry, you're right. I would delete my post, but I guess that would be dishonest. I guess I felt bad because I'd just written him a note of support when some other people had gone after him. I know he can be a bit prickly, but I thought some people were really unfairly going after him, so I tried to stick up for him, and suddenly, poof! I guess I was just in shock.

Please accept my apologies, and my pledge of future restraint.

Thanks,

Bill

And now only the ones of us who might've seen the original post know what any of you are talking about. Why not just delete the entire thread?

"I suppose we should keep it on record that Bill did something wrong."

I was bad! I was, like, really really bad! Jeez, what was I thinking?

Mistakes were made! ;)

As to the thread, well, I deleted everything else, but little James loves this thread, and we're gonna keep it! ;)

But seriously, as you know, I'm a refugee from a forum where ugliness sometimes reigned. One of the prime movers there has done the Chief Joseph thing ("I will fight no more forever"). If he can do it, so can I! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

"I suppose we should keep it on record that Bill did something wrong."

I was bad! I was, like, really really bad! Jeez, what was I thinking?

Mistakes were made! ;)

How 'bout if we mark it all in our calenders? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Then can it go? :D

"How 'bout if we mark it all in our calenders? "

John,

I'm afraid your calendar would have a mark for every single day! And on some days, several!

Most recent mess up: The other day, #6 son, who's three, wanted to be with his Dad in the shop. I was painting the big cabinet, and had just used the air hose to blow off the sanding dust. I had the thing 3/4 covered with kilz2, and was trying to finish up before dinner, so I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to James. Did I mention there was sawdust all over the shop floor? So, of course, James picks up the air hose, and starts blowing the sawdust around, and gets it all over the fresh primer on the cabinet! This almost led to many bad words being said, except that James is a fast learner, and any word that escapes my mouth gets repeated for days! But many bad words were thought, as I later sanded away the damage... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Here's the Cliff Notes Version:

• Bill posted an observation about SMC. Nothing against the CoC.
  • Ken commented politely that he didn't think what was said needed to be said.
  • I agreed.
  • Bill graciously agreed and edited his post.
  • Ken did the same.
  • I did the same.
So, really nothing to see here...let's just move along. :)