2nd motorcycle rocker

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I started assembling the seconde motorcycle rocker this weekend. This time I painted the edges of the side pieces prior to attaching them, saved a ton of time. Going for a police bike theme on this one. Need to find some badge stickers to put on and some small U.S. Flags yet, will clear coat over those with the polycrylic.

Attachments

• ABCD0001.jpg
    ABCD0001.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 133
  • ABCD0018.jpg
    ABCD0018.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 91
  • ABCD0020.jpg
    ABCD0020.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 142
OK, had time to finish up the details last night. I checked with both the police and sheriff's stations and local crafts stores, no police stickers. I did find some HD stickers at the craft store, so went with them. I put three coats of polycrylic over the stickers to keep them stuck, not that they needed any help.

Attachments

• ABCD0005.jpg
    ABCD0005.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 135
  • ABCD0004.jpg
    ABCD0004.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 72
  • ABCD0003.jpg
    ABCD0003.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 69
  • ABCD0002.jpg
    ABCD0002.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 71
Looks real nice, Darren. Like Dewayne said, that's going to be very appreciated by some lucky kid(s).

It's probably a bit late for this one, but in the future, you could try printing your own stickers. If you can find an image of the design you want (such as on Google Images), then you can print it on self-adhesive label material. You'd probably want to use a very light sprayed-on finish initially, to seal the ink without smearing it. Once you've got a coat or two on it, you could apply pretty much any finish you wanted.

Here are a few badges

In a glance it looks like a "weekend project" but when I looked a little bit deep into the pics....that's a PROJECT and I assume that it took you some good garage time...

Beautifully made Darren and I'm sure that the lucky kid will love it...

Regards
niki

Thanks for all the comments, I appreciate the feedback, but mostly enjoyed building it. Actually I'm kinda sad that it's done and I have to give it away :biker: , but going to a good home.

Vaughn, thanks for the tip, will try that one in the future. I've done that before, but didn't cross my mind this time (vast open space :p). Used that on my margarita maker...err rather..."Slushy Maker" that is (see pic)...is a family forum after all.

Are these your plans or did you find them elsewhere?

Doug, I found the plans on a German site (see my first post) which had them in the grid paper format. I used my stained glass software to overlay the lines and save it out to a .dxf file for scaling. Files are zipped in a attachment in that thread.

Attachments

• ABCD0003.jpg
    ABCD0003.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 64
  • ABCD0004.jpg
    ABCD0004.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 74
Hand me downs

Finally big enough...his two older brothers handed down their bike/rocker...

imagejpeg_2.jpg