Thread: Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanks for the inspiration!

Seeing everyone's cleaning and redesign lately inspired me to finally clean up some curlies and move my lathe to where I have wanted it for about 6 months. The temp being in the high 40s this weekend and 50 today helped too....

The first pic is what I started with, including the 5-6" of shavings on the floor, on shelfs and everywhere. The second shows the amount of shavings behind the lathe. The 3rd shows midway through the cleaning, notice the box of shavings...moved out 4 of those. Then finally what it looked like as of last night, still some tweaking to be done tonight. Thanks for looking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20080106_0001.JPG   20080106_0004.JPG   20080106_0005.JPG   20080106_0007[1].JPG  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Nice work Jeff! I hope the new location will aid in regular clean up! A pile of shavings like that would have me worried about rodents and fire .
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Rennie, I was worried about rodents as well. Didn't see any droppings or evidence though, but some of the shavings were very wet and I have bleeched that wall because of some mold. Cleanup will be much easier and more frequent as well now. I even have a rack for my chisels. I had a close call with a spindle gouge and my toe recently that made me finally do that.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Shop cleaning

Jeff, I hope that all goes well. We all need to do some cleaning once in awhile.

Way to go Jeff, looks good!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Must be something in the air this time of year. Looks like a big improvement. Nice job.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com