Rolling mortise jig - the test

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

To test the mortise jig, I made a frame. I cut all the pieces to final dimensions.

I started by cranking the router lift 1~2 turns and make a pass but I ended-up using both hands simultaneously. With the right hand I turned the router lift continuously and with the left hand, moving the jig fore and back so, each mortise took 15~20 seconds.

The jig is not limited only to "edge mortising", by marking the required mortise locations, I can make it anywhere along the workpiece.

Regards
niki

M01.jpgM02.jpgM03.jpgM04.jpgM05.jpg

M06.jpgM07.jpgM08.jpgM09.jpgM10.jpg

Nike: thanks for another neat idea, but my question is what happened to your past method of posting ideas where the photos were all one after the other within the message, with your comments in between. Speaking for myself, the separate photos takes a lot away from the idea and with as many photos as in this message, clicking back and forth detracts from the beauty of the idea.

Just my opinion.....
Ken

Hi Ken

You are correct...I also don't like to "Click" and "Back" and I prefer to post the pics in their original size so you just scroll and can go up & down.....But...

I posted a question, how the members prefer the posted pictures and I got replies that some members are still on Dial-up and it's better if I'll post the pics to the forum server...

I don't have any problem to post them either way

Sorry for the inconvenience
niki

I just built a simular fence for my router table. I used drawer slides for the smooth moving action. I have a line on the fence that I line up with the cL of the bit then adjust the fence stops 1/2 the (mortise length - bit dia) in each direction. Then on each piece I need only to mark the center of the mortise and then align that with the mark on the fence. I am working on a bedroom set for my granddaughter and am using all loose motise/tenon where that type of a joint is needed.

Keith

Nike: thanks for another neat idea, but my question is what happened to your past method of posting ideas where the photos were all one after the other within the message, with your comments in between. Speaking for myself, the separate photos takes a lot away from the idea and with as many photos as in this message, clicking back and forth detracts from the beauty of the idea.

Just my opinion.....
Ken

Ken,

Just a suggestion...

Right click on the image, choose 'Open Link in new tab' (works on Firefox and Safari, don't know about IE) for all the images then you can go thru all of them without going back and forth.

And for Niki...
Great idea and pics (just like all your others)! :thumb: