matching finishes

Gene Miller

I have a kraftmaid cabinet in my bathroom that is birch with a chocolate glaze. I plan on adding a shoe rack and would like to match the finish. If I could match it exactly I would like to add a drawer to the cabinet that sits on the sink. The shoe rack will be in the closet so close is good but the drawer would have to match exactly. I haven't trying calling Kraftmaid but I'm pretty sure they won't give up the answer. I did call and ask for a drawer front awhile back and they said no, I would have to buy a cabinet.Any ideas on how to match the color would be appreciated. I have done some samples but I don't seem to have the knack. Thanks

I would go to your local paint store w/ a drawer or door and have them match it. I doubt you will get a exact match unless you get lucky. You can also get a bunch of samples and do some mixing and matching. Most will not notice if it is off a little.

Get some of the transtint dyes and tweak the finish you are using. It will take some trial and error, but you should be able to get pretty close!