Corner TV Stand

I am looking for some design ideas for a corner tv stand. I have some ideas, but can't get them on paper.. I have searched for plans, but can not find anything I like..
I am looking for something straight forward, approx. 36"x26"x24" deep. Two shelves spaced approx. 6 inches apart, from the top down, and then a large storage are in the open front. No doors, no windows, etc...

The thing that I am struggling with is the sides and back.. :huh:

Any suggestions will be welcome..

Doug

I am looking for some design ideas for a corner tv stand. I have some ideas, but can't get them on paper.. I have searched for plans, but can not find anything I like..
I am looking for something straight forward, approx. 36"x26"x24" deep. Two shelves spaced approx. 6 inches apart, from the top down, and then a large storage are in the open front. No doors, no windows, etc...

The thing that I am struggling with is the sides and back.. :huh:

Any suggestions will be welcome..

Doug
Hi Doug :wave:,
Maybe We can help.:dunno::)
Questions for you first off.
#1 26" is what dimension?
#2 Where are you determining your 24" deep measurement from?
#3 what is the foot print of the TV (the size you plan to use)? It is how wide and how deep?
I assume the two shelves are for components, ?
If you will supply some more info, it may help us all get headed in a more helpful direction. Hope you are well and I am real happy you are going to try this yourself. :thumb:
I will help you if I can.
Shaz :)

Thanks Shaz..
I tried su.. but just ended up confusing myself.. I think I need to spend a weekend playing with it to really learn it..
I have looked at Daves drawings and some others that have posted them.. and have to admit.. I am envious of their knowledge of it..

My dimensions were just rough as the TV is a 37" LCD with an oval base that is 22" wide by 12" deep. The tv is 36" wide, by 26" high.

Most cabinets I looked at were 36" wide by 24" to 26" high and front to back were 24".
My two devices for the shelves are 17" wide, 13" deep, and 2.5" high.
I would like them to be on two shelves at the top and leave the bottom of the unit open for .. storage. No doors, open front.
I was going to use oak plywood for the shelves and sides, and white oak for the frame and trim. I have a picture in my head.. I just can't get it on paper with the correct angles to make it a corner cabinet.:huh:

Does any of this make sense..??
Here is as far as I could get in SU.

Doug

Attachments

• TV_Stand.skp
    21.4 KB · Views: 16
Thanks Shaz..
I tried su.. but just ended up confusing myself.. I think I need to spend a weekend playing with it to really learn it..
I have looked at Daves drawings and some others that have posted them.. and have to admit.. I am envious of their knowledge of it..

My dimensions were just rough as the TV is a 37" LCD with an oval base that is 22" wide by 12" deep. The tv is 36" wide, by 26" high.

Most cabinets I looked at were 36" wide by 24" to 26" high and front to back were 24".
My two devices for the shelves are 17" wide, 13" deep, and 2.5" high.
I would like them to be on two shelves at the top and leave the bottom of the unit open for .. storage. No doors, open front.
I was going to use oak plywood for the shelves and sides, and white oak for the frame and trim. I have a picture in my head.. I just can't get it on paper with the correct angles to make it a corner cabinet.:huh:

Does any of this make sense..??
Here is as far as I could get in SU.

Doug
Hi Doug :wave:,
You have mastered more already than I have in SU. Stay at it. :thumb:
If I may suggest something I have done in the past, consider this.

Make a footprint of the tv and the base as it would appear from directly above it. We are looking for the greatest area of space that it takes up ssitting on a counter top as seen from a birds eye view. Make it out of cardboard if you can or tape sheets of paper together.

If you have cardboard put a piece under the tv, trace the foot then looking down at the cardboard from above the tv kinda trace the 37" width of the TV and the TV depth onto the cardboard that is already in place under the TV. Don't worry about going over the other lines or being a bit over or undersized with drawing.

When you have that all drawn up cut it on the outside lines to give us a contour of that footprint. Take that footprint to any corner and lay it on the floor. This will give you some idea of how large your deck top needs to be. Since you know the size, ( width and depth) of you components, you can cut that size out of some more card board so as to feel good about your designing the "floor plan" of your cabinet.

I always see the corner cabinet as a 5 sided box.
I will draw one up and post it in about 5 minutes. Shaz

Hi There Doug :wave:,
Here is a quick look at the drawing plan for the bird's eye view/ floor plan and the picture of the very out of proportion corner style that works for me and my clients.

Doug 001.jpg

Doug 002.jpg
Hope this adds some light to your tunnel:rolleyes:.
Shaz:)

Shaz,

My drawing is a bit like yours, only it has 6 sides. I went 90 degrees from the front, down the side, to a 45 then back some more to another 45 for the back that runs straight across with the front. Clear as mud..??:huh:
Your 5 sided stand may fit the bill as well...

I will try and lay out some cardboard and see how they both look..

Thank you very much...

Doug