Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Forum Members ...

How Many Forum Members ...

I copied and pasted this little bit of humor from another forum:

How Many Forum Members Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb?

a.. 1 to change the light bulb
    b.. 1 to post that the light bulb has been changed
    c.. 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
    d.. 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    e.. 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
    f.. 53 to flame the spell checkers
    g.. 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    h.. 6 to argue over whether itís "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    i.. ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as @nal-retentive
    j.. 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
    k.. 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    l.. 156 to email the participantís ISPs complaining that they are in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    m.. 109 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
    n.. 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum, and lightbulb forum about changing light bulbs be stopped
    o.. 111 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
    p.. 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
    q.. 27 to post URLís where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    r.. 14 to post that the URLís were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URLís
    s.. 3 to post about links they found from the URLís that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    t.. 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    u.. 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    v.. 19 to quote the "Me tooís" to say "Me three"
    w.. 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
    x.. 44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
    y.. 4 to say "didnít we go through this already a short time ago?"
    z.. 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
    aa.. 1 new forum member to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again
    ab.. 16 to bypass the OP completely and state that they use longer lasting LEDís instead of lightbulbs / light-bulbs / lamps.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

isn't that the truth
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Okay Nancy......If someone gets ruffled feathers over this....you have to edit or move it!
    Ken
    ------

I think this get funnier every time I see it.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

That's great!!!...true...but great!!!
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word ďboo.Ē Ė Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Okay Nancy......If someone gets ruffled feathers over this....you have to edit or move it!
    But who's gonna get ruffled, Ken???
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post

I'm Ruffled...........She should be in the round world and not creating hate and discontent in the flat world

See how mad I am...........

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

Bob.....Could I see a photo of you in "RUFFLES"? I'll bet you look good in ruffles....maybe some fancy pleats.....
    Ken
    ------

Good list, Nancy, but it missed these:

ac.. 3 to say that despite research to the contrary, light bulbs don't actually work, and you can see just as well if you just wrap the room in green wood shavings, put it in a brown paper bag and wait for 6 months.

ad.. 17 to point out that the mustard yellow light bulbs are much better than the white ones

ae.. 24 to say both yellow and white are too expensive, and they get just as good of light from their imported green bulbs, for much less money

af.. 6 to say modern light bulbs are the lazy way to do things, and that candle light is much more satisfying

ag.. 1 who offers his astute opinion about bulbs in every single lighting thread, even though he's not turned on a light in years

ah.. An indeterminate number who get into protracted arguments over which light bulb is better: Festbulb or EZ-Light

ai.. A nearly equal number to argue the merits of left-threaded bulbs vs. right-threaded bulbs

aj.. 17 to proudly post pics of their /son/daughter/grandkid/spouse turning on their very first light bulb

I'm sure there are others I'm missing.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

ak.. 16 to bypass the OP's original question completely and state that they use longer lasting LEDís instead of lightbulbs / light-bulbs / lamps.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response