Bosch PR20EVSNK trim router kit question

Jack Lemley

Hi All,

I am looking at getting the Bosch Colt router. The kit includes an angle base and some other goodies. I've never used or owned a trim router so don't know if the kit is worth the premium price. I can get the router w/the normal base for $80. The kit costs $159. Any opinions?

Thanks
Jack

This will depend on how you plan to use it. I use the Colt as a plam router, that is a small router v.s. a trim router (inlay, edge straightening with a guide, chamfers, etc). I didn't get the full blown kit and don't use the edge guide that did come with mine. I do however use the variable speed and would recommend it. If you are going to use it as a trim router proper, this info may be moot.

Hi All,

I am looking at getting the Bosch Colt router. The kit includes an angle base and some other goodies. I've never used or owned a trim router so don't know if the kit is worth the premium price. I can get the router w/the normal base for $80. The kit costs $159. Any opinions?

Thanks
Jack

Jack about 9 or 10 years ago I bought the Porter Cable complete package. The tilt base and all the other "goodies" in the case are still unused today. I would buy the unit and then the accesories as you need them, if you ever do need them.

Bosch Colt

Thanks Guys,

I will buy the router and get accessories as I need them. Probably won't need them at all.

Jack