Mag Reversible Featherboard

glenn bradley

The Lee Valley Fairy stopped by today. I got tired of reversing the miter bar on my featherboards for use on the bandsaw so I picked one of these up. I've always wanted a tape measure that read the right direction so had them toss a couple of those in as well.

Attachments

• Mag-Feather-Board.jpg
    Mag-Feather-Board.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Looks good! :thumb:

I'm especially interested in the tapes. I don't do a lot of shop measuring in the 25' range...:rolleyes: The right reading hand held tape is new to me...cool? How do you like the LV ones? Accurate, easy to use?

Good haul!

I've got some nice accurate steel rules that I pretty much reference other measuring stuff against. The tapes were off about a half of the indicator line thickness (about 1/64" ?) at 24" which is pretty respectable for a $3 tape. Of course I haven't dropped it yet either. They are inexpensive, light and at 10', more than long enough for a bench tape. I haven't used them for a project yet but I already like the idea of being able to use the tape and have my right hand more easily available for marking. If they were 3/4" wide they'd be perfect but the 1/2" width is fine.

Last edited: