New Infinity Blade...

Hi Greg - I got one last October and gave it a whirl. First impression is very favorable...it leaves an edge that's shiny enough that I can actually differentiate between it and other top 40 or 50 tooth GP/combo blades, which is really saying something. It's a full kerf so it doesn't rip thick stock on my saw as easily as I'd like, but it's fine for most stock and will be a breeze for a 3hp cabinet saw. The teeth are humongous! It's geometry is much like the new Freud Fusion but the teeth are bigger....30° bevel, steep hook angle, and a double side grind with a very tight side clearance. It's really nice in ply and sheetgoods too. It's a bit fussier than some of the other top notch blades...burns a bit easier, but once you dial it in, it's impressive. :thumb: I'll get a longer term impression in the spring.

Thanks, Scott... Like Alan said, "you da man" when it comes to TS saw blades. :thumb:

I guess I should have clarified myself...I'm not in the market for another blade myself (Happy now with my WWII and Tenryu Gold Medal). I just wanted to let others see and comment on what looks like a solid competitor to the Forrest WWII...the often mentioned "standard" in the TS blade world.

Thanks.

It's geometry is much like the new Freud Fusion but the teeth are bigger....

I'll be interested in how your blade performs after being sharpened by face grinding the way Infinity recommends on their website. The flats formed by the double angle side grind on the Premier Fusion P410 are the reason it burnishes the cut edge to a glass smooth finish and we recommend top grinding to retain this feature. They seem to think you are better off without the flats on the sides of the teeth so I don't understand why they even copied the design.

You probably can't get away with many face grinds or the double angle will be gone.... (more like maybe one or two). :dunno: Can good sharpeners duplicate the double grind at some point, or is it too complex?

You probably can't get away with many face grinds or the double angle will be gone.... (more like maybe one or two). :dunno: Can good sharpeners duplicate the double grind at some point, or is it too complex?

A sharpener could possibly put the primary angles back on the tips but I doubt there wouldn't be enough side clearance left to prevent burning.

A sharpener could possibly put the primary angles back on the tips but I doubt there wouldn't be enough side clearance left to prevent burning.

I have to agree with Charles. One way or another, whether just topping or just facing or doing the more common a little of both, blades with the double side grind end their usefull life with about 1/2 the carbide still there. They can still be made to cut but the planing feature starts going away and saw marks start to show.