Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rockler King and Ha

Rockler King and Ha

Snapped this pic a couple weeks ago in Pasadena. It makes no sense, and has no significance, but I thought I'd share...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockler King and Ha.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	37.7 KB 
ID:	16901

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Woodworking and Hardware, I guess there is part of the sign burned out.

In my hometown there is a large Drugstore, called "LONDON DRUGS" they had part of their sign go out, so it just said "ON DRUGS"

Yes, I'm easy to amuse....
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

What, with one of the biggest populations in the United States you southern cal boys don't have a neon sign repair shop nearby? What gives? I think that is one of the largest partially working signs I have ever seen. Its kind of like Wheel of Fortune in trying to figure out what they were trying to spell without the cute woman in a short skirt flipping letters.

Here is some help though...

http://www.flynnsigns.com/
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

There's a church I drive by going to and from the office that's missing a letter in the side of the building. It SAYS:

FIRST METHOD ST CHURCH

I keep looking for Method Street.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

It's kinda funny, the one time I was in that Rockler, their layout was so disorganized, I'm not surprised to see their sign goofed up as well. I mean that is a funny-way. Great pic. I get a kick out of stuff like that.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

The sign I like best is one you see at the Logan International Airport in Boston. It makes perfect sense in a way, but...

Vehicles yield to aircraft!!
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

That's sorta like the SHELL gas station sign at the edge of town that had the 'S' burned out----I always wondered what the drunks thought when they saw that sign all lit up!!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    It's kinda funny, the one time I was in that Rockler, their layout was so disorganized, I'm not surprised to see their sign goofed up as well.
    Heh. I had a discussion with a Rockler manager in Texas when I was there on vacation. I commented that I had no trouble finding anything, because it was laid out exactly like the store I usually go to in California (Orange). He said the corporate people tell them in excruciating detail where stuff goes in the store, regardless of whether he (or John Q. Customer) thinks the layout makes sense.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

Of course the prototype for all signs of this type is the old play and TV show, "Hot L Baltimore".

(The flip-side is the Benny Hill bit where the sign for "Psychotherapist" inadvertently gets a couple of strategically-placed spaces added to it.)
    Last edited by Lee DeRaud; 01-19-2008 at 05:54 PM.
    Where are we going? And what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee DeRaud View Post
    Heh. I had a discussion with a Rockler manager in Texas when I was there on vacation. I commented that I had no trouble finding anything, because it was laid out exactly like the store I usually go to in California (Orange). He said the corporate people tell them in excruciating detail where stuff goes in the store, regardless of whether he (or John Q. Customer) thinks the layout makes sense.
    They must have been remodeling or something because the San Diego and Ontario stores are laid out great ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke