SketchUp Pipe Clamp Component

Dave Richards

I drew this for the New-Fangled Workbench model.
pony_3_4_pipe_clamp.jpg

Last edited:
A texture for the acme thread, dave?! Aww man, c'mon! :p

You could easily double the file size if you drew in a real acme thread - hey, that's an idea, though - could you make an acme thread using follow me? Drawing a spiral seems easy enough - draw a circle, cut it and move it down a little - rinse repeat ...

I think i'm gonna try it - futile exercise that it may be, a spiral would be fun to try to draw in SketchUp, methinks! :D

Nag, nag, nag. :rolleyes: :D

You're right, I could easily double the file size that way. Unless I don't. ;) How about 137Kb?

pony3_4pipeclampsacme.jpg

You're right. A spiral is a good exercise.

Hi Dave :wave:,
That is almost Lichentenstein without the dots and without the caption. You are really Good! I can see that reproduced about 4' high and 7' long.

How about
"Like My Threads", :D or
"I'd like to put the Squeeze on you, Baby!" :eek: :rofl: or
"Loosen Up!" :cool:
"One more time around?" :headbang:
or
"When do I get my Turn?":rofl::rofl::rofl:
Shaz :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you Robert. I should have had the spray shield up, though. :rofl:

Maybe I should have some of these sketches printed large. Of course like most artists, it wouldn't do me any good until I die. :rolleyes:

Maybe you could do a whole lot of pictures and then feign death with your wife and family in some exotic foreign country. Of course before all that you need an agent. :rolleyes: One who would naturally send you all the proceeds.:D

:rolleyes: Hmmmmmm:rolleyes:! I had a name. On the tip of my tongue, :huh: but now I forget? I too must have amnesia:D.

Or you could go to a ski resort and get some one to cremate some remains, IMPORTANT!!!
FOR THIS TO WORK!!!!
NOT yours!!!:doh:
Maybe some burned steak or something.
Put it in an earn (urn) and let see how your stuff sells as you hide out on a dangerous boat looking for lobster somewhere.:thumb:
Good stuff here Dave! :D:rofl:

I'm thinking you missed your calling, sir. :D

:rolleyes: Hmmmmmm:rolleyes:! I had a name. On the tip of my tongue, :huh: but now I forget? I too must have amnesia:D.

Or you could go to a ski resort and get some one to cremate some remains, IMPORTANT!!!
FOR THIS TO WORK!!!!
NOT yours!!!:doh:
Maybe some burned steak or something.
Put it in an earn (urn) and let see how your stuff sells as you hide out on a dangerous boat looking for lobster somewhere.:thumb:
Good stuff here Dave! :D:rofl:

What else would I do? :dunno: Be a court reporter?:huh::D I don't think so.:doh:
I could get in really good shape if I rode the back of the "big truck" and picked up trash for the summer,:rolleyes: but I think the smell might upset me.:dunno::D.
Gotta go for now but in all honesty I do really respect your work and believe it worthy of cloning on a large scale.
Shaz :)

Last edited:
I was thinking you could be an artist's agent. Think of the money you could make. :thumb::D

I gather no one wants the pipe clamp component. Must not be that interesting or the SketchUppers would rather make their own which is cool.

OK, Jason. First I drew a... Just kidding. you're on your own until you want help. Here are two things about what I drew. The thread pitch and the angles on the threads are accurate for Acme threads. The file size for the threaded rod by itself is just 20Kb.

Good luck.

...I gather no one wants the pipe clamp component. Must not be that interesting or the SketchUppers would rather make their own which is cool.
That would be incorrect, Kimosabe. :D I hadn't read your initial post closely enough to realize the file wasn't attached. I'm interested in the component. I'll PM you with an e-mail address.