Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech vs. Bose Noise Cancelling headphones

Logitech vs. Bose Noise Cancelling headphones

These are my very un-scientific first impressions of the new inexpensive Logitech noise cancelling headphones vs. the Bose Quiet Comfort II
    In most cases the Logitech’s were nearly as good as my Bose. I give the Bose a slight nod with the higher pitch noise like the TS with blade raised, dust collector, and router.
    I couldn’t tell any appreciable difference between the two in the lower pitched machines like my WoodMaster, air compressor, and heater.
    The Bose were a little more comfortable but required a little fidgeting to get there. The Logitech’s fit over the ear very easily.
    Musically, I liked the crisp, clean sound of the Bose better. The Logitech’s have a little too much bass for my listening pleasure but overall, still sound very good.

Value wise, the $49.99 Logitech are the clear winner over the $299.00 Bose.

I will be saving my Bose for the airplane and whenever I just want to kick back and listen to music. For shopwork and yardwork, the Logitech’s are the clear winner.

YMMV

$49.99 Logitech: http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-98040...0963947&sr=8-1

299.00 Bose: http://www.amazon.com/QuietComfort%C...0963891&sr=8-2

I don’t know how to do the tabbing thing in vBulletin so I did a simple screen capture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VS.jpg  
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

What about the Peltor's? Another co-worker just bought a pair of those and was bragging about it today no less.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    What about the Peltor's? Another co-worker just bought a pair of those and was bragging about it today no less.
    Travis, I'm just comparing the two that I have.
    The Bose are considered the Cadillac in most consumer grade circles. The Logitech’s compare very well.

one."

Good information! I will be watching this as I looked at some headsets today but have not really got into comparing them.

Hmmm I can see it now some kid wearing those things hit by a car while wearing those things as he couldn't hear it coming or people yelling at him to get out of the way. Sorry for pointing out a negetive but that is one thing that just came to mind. I understand that there are head phones out there that are noise senstive and actually start working when the noise hits a certain level. when They are not on activated or the noise is below a dangerous level they turn off. I personally thing those would be something better than ones that cancel out all external noise. I can't remember where I saw them maybe someone else here does.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Drew, neither of these comes close to cancelling out all noise; you can still hear conversations or a machine running. Of course, if you have your iPod cranked way up you’re not going to hear that truck coming anyway.

one."

The Ipods are a serious problem with snowmobiles. We have always shared our trails with the cross-country-skiers, but now every one of them wears Ipods. Before they would hear you coming and get out of the way, now they don't hear you until you are right up on them. Sometimes this means over hills or on blind corners someone will get killed at some point.

As a side note, my co-worker loves the noise-canceling earphones on the gun range. Before he could not hear the range commands with his earmuffs on. Now he can hear the commands and still muffle the report of the rifle.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    The Ipods are a serious problem with snowmobiles. We have always shared our trails with the cross-country-skiers, but now every one of them wears Ipods. Before they would hear you coming and get out of the way, now they don't hear you until you are right up on them. Sometimes this means over hills or on blind corners someone will get killed at some point.

As a side note, my co-worker loves the noise-canceling earphones on the gun range. Before he could not hear the range commands with his earmuffs on. Now he can hear the commands and still muffle the report of the rifle.
    Very good advice Travis. But a word of caution: do get a pair of good earphone/muffs. I have some El Cheapos from Harbor Freight, simply do not work.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

As for the music noise-cancelling earphones, Bob Schwabach in his column 'On Computers' did a review of some he liked recently. I don't recall what brand he reccomended as things music are of much interest to me. His back columns can be read at:
    http://www.oncomp.com/index.html
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Drew, neither of these comes close to cancelling out all noise; you can still hear conversations or a machine running. Of course, if you have your iPod cranked way up you’re not going to hear that truck coming anyway.
    Another point to make in regards to this idea. Is that with hearing protection isn't it counter productive to add noise inside the ear protection to prevent you from hearing noise outside the ear protection? I have already lost over 1/2 my hearing to loud music and work related noise and I wear a good set of peltors all the time at work now and in the shop. I just can't see the benifit to these personal headphone protectors aside from getting rid of the boom boxes for the drywallers.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............