Making a Chinese Checker Board

Frank, I can answer that question. Rockler offers a template for drilling these boards, along with the bit necessary. Just put the template on the board and start drilling. I think the grooves are included in the template, IIRC. They also make the templates for peg games for those little 4x4" pieces of wood that you don't know what to do with.

Nancy
Nancy, the groves do not come with the template. They were my idea.

For anyone looking to make gifts, these boards look good and are much appreciated. I made three more of them last week. This time out of cherry and walnut. I finished the boards with a wipe-on-off mixture of varnish and Danish oil. I used 5 coats and obtained the smoothest finish that I have ever achieved on wood.

Attachments

• Chinese Checkers 12 -The board is set up to play a two-person game -small.JPG
    Chinese Checkers 12 -The board is set up to play a two-person game -small.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Chinese Checkers 11 -A marble holding compartment has been built and feet have been screwed in -.JPG
    Chinese Checkers 11 -A marble holding compartment has been built and feet have been screwed in -.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited: