Eating crow...

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
OK, here I've been telling new members they should post an introduction here when they get a chance...when I haven't done it myself.

Hi!

I'm Darren, live in Kansas City (MO), married with 2 kids. My son is 21 and my daughter is 17 going on 21. I work as a programmer, but grew up building houses and doing construction with my dad. I was fortunate growing up to have a large wood shop, so been doing woodworking most of my life.

Most of my projects today are furniture or cabinetry, but like to do some welding and even took some machine shop classes a few semesters ago (which were a blast). Once I get some more shop space I look at buying a mill and lathe to expand my capabilities. If you want to see more of my work stop by my web page and check out my gallery. My wife has pointed out that though the sites states they are projects for her the count of projects is in my favor. :D

OK, here I've been telling new members they should post an introduction here when they get a chance...when I haven't done it myself.

Too late and dollar short.............
Have administrator zero out your post from 90 to zero then
you can start on the right track

:confused:

How do you do that Hammer thing?

Shaz, Just use an animated Gif (*.gif) file. A good place to find them is on google or yahoo. Just click on the Image link above the search bar. Enter a keyword for the image you are wanting to find, but also include ".gif" (no quotes) in the search.

Alan, I'll post an off-topic thread about stained glass. I got started through a community education class that was done at a local glass shop. The shop owner was using it as an opportunity to have the students buy their supplies and tools from him. It turned out to be an excellent class as he covered both lead and foil methods and even got into 3D projects (jewelry boxes).

Only leather work I've done is some small upholstery projects. Used to do it back when I was in 4H growing up, but haven't done any decorative stuff for years.