Ken Fitzgerald

stacey martin

Hey Ken you getting the freezing rain? Sounds like there is a bus wreck north of Walla Walla on 124 and cars sliding off the road where they are trying to get the people out. A lot of wrecks here in the Tri- Cities.
Stacey

Stacey...We haven't gotten any freezing rain here. But....a lot of the bad weather blows right over the valley . It often is a mess up out of the canyon. We had no precipitaton at all today.

Stacey,

We are finally getting some snow here. The temps overnight continued to rise and we were 38ºF at 10:00 this morning but the temps have started dropping and it's snowing and sticking.

It looks like they got quite a bit of that bad weather north of us and south of us but that's been the pattern this year.

It was snowing when I got up this morning and hasn't quit. We have about 7 plus inches on top of 1/2 of ice. Its 27 outside a little warmer then last few days. People stuck all over the place or they just set and spin their wheels on the flat.
Stacey

We are averaging about 1" per hour of snow here for the last 5 hours. North and south of us they've been getting hammered. Some areas in the mountains of Idaho have received 2-3' of snow in the last 24 hours. Near Spokane, WA thousands without power since yesterday...snow on top of ice. A lot of mountain passes while open to travel are recommending "Emergency travel only"......My running mate took his wife to visit his daughter in Great Falls, MT yesterday. He was driving back tomorrow. I hope he doesn't try to make it. This is a slow moving storm and it's dropping a lot of the white stuff.

Yesterday (Saturday) afternoon, I emptied about 7" of water out of our rain gauge. (The rain started Wednesday.) I just went out and checked and there's another 3" in it now. It hasn't been real heavy, but steady.

"My running mate took his wife to visit his daughter in Great Falls, MT yesterday..."

Man, I step away from the forum for a week and now Ken is running for office? OK Ken, I've been looking for an alternative to all of the political chum out there and I think you and your running mate (let me guess, Bill Grumbine?) would make a great alternative for our current presidential elections. Let see, your motto could be "a PM in every shop."

We are averaging about 1" per hour of snow here for the last 5 hours. North and south of us they've been getting hammered. Some areas in the mountains of Idaho have received 2-3' of snow in the last 24 hours. Near Spokane, WA thousands without power since yesterday...snow on top of ice. A lot of mountain passes while open to travel are recommending "Emergency travel only"......My running mate took his wife to visit his daughter in Great Falls, MT yesterday. He was driving back tomorrow. I hope he doesn't try to make it. This is a slow moving storm and it's dropping a lot of the white stuff.

I talked to my dad in Townsend MT and he said the rocky mountain front north of Great falls was to get 2' of snow. I worked on a dry land farm 40 miles north of Great Falls for 4 years. They hauled their wheat in to Great falls on the bootlegger trail. Some time we justs drove in the fields next to the road because they where drifted shut. Its amazing how much snow a ten wheeler loaded to 60,000 would go through.
The best part of this storm came this morning when the boss called and said we will take another week off. I all ready had 5 weeks off and its all payed for.:D
Stacey

Stacey,

We ended up with about 4 1/2". I hope my co-worker ( changed the phrase for you Chris:D) doesn't try to drive back today. The roads in Montana have got to be "interesting" at best.

Folks who are not used to winter driving in the mountains would find it more than interesting. I attended a retirement function for a co-worker last February. They held the function in West Yellowstone MT in February. I left West Yellowstone at about 5:30 p.m. It started snowing and in the next 150 miles....1 car passed me.....As I drove north along the river I was driving 25-30 mph. My wife, a flat-lander, felt I was going too fast. I didn't want to be out on the road at mid-night and I just made the deadline! Long treacherous drive.

Last edited: