Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics of my miniscule shop

Rhode Island

pics of my miniscule shop

I don't think I ever showed my minuscule shop so here it is. the height is 83'' but comes down to 78'' due to the kitchen waste line overall dimension is approx
    8' x 8' I can safely cut a 4' long piece of wood anything more gets hairy.

This is a 360 degree view starting from the door in a clock wise direction.

Here it is. Click on the pic twice for full size pic.

Last edited by Chuck Beland; 07-04-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Dallas Polley found out there was no pics link was broken.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    A very economical use of your limited space. Excellent. We need a better angle on that pin-up calendar.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Between Aledo and Fort Worth, TX
    I knew that had to be a mini lathe in there somewhere! And what an odd place to store your fire wood???
    Great use of the space you have! You might be dangerous in a garage! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    I think you've done a wonderful job in there. It seems no matter how large or small, we all have one thing to say about our shop; we wish it was bigger. When I find myself wanting more room to store more stuff (about 20 x 30 for me) I remember that there are folks who derive much enjoyment from this hobby in an 8 x 8 basement in a part of the country where they can't just open the garage door in December if they need a little leg room. Kudos to you and congrats on a nice looking space.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

ABQ NM
    Nice job of fitting what you need into what would be a nearly impossible space for a lot of folks. You obviously make it work out just fine...your finished projects prove that. And on the plus side, it doesn't take you too long to walk across the shop for that forgotten screwdriver.

Thanks for the tour, Chuck.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

Rhode Island
    I haver had to get creative & am in the process of going more vertical I will be using the spaces between the rafters for the pen blanks

Some good news when my son finally moves out of the basement I get his side then my shop goes from 8' x 8' to about 13' x 40' :
    Although I still got to deal with no outside easy access but it is heated

All the important stuff in all the right places. When I walk out into my shop I turn around, smile, and say I like it here. I'm sure you do the same.

Houston, Texas
    Hi Chuck ,
    Thanks for sharing your shop with us. Good for you!
    Remember this ..."It is not the size of the shop, it is the size of the joy you have, because of it!"
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Here is how

I got a small shop myself so I feel your pain, but you have done a great job with it. As for the calendar, it must be a small shop thing, I got one quite similar to it but the tide seems to have taken the swimsuits on the girls. Must have beena strong tide that day

Anyway I call mine "The Man Shack".
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

That's impressive. You've given me some ideas for the gigantic 11x11 shop I'm working on.