IWF plans anyone???

Any firm dates/times

I know there’s been quite a bit of discussion on this but I’m getting ready to coordinate a work trip to Atlanta in August and thought I’d see if there is going to be a FWW get together before, during, or after the show.

I’m wanting to firm up my arrival and departure times. If a roadtrip to the Walsh Studio is on the agenda I’m up for that as well.

Thanks,
Wes

Bump-da-de-bump-bump-bump!! (was that hard enough??)

Okay everyone... time to make some SERIOUS plans!!

IWF is only 3 weeks away!!:eek:

Who's attending??:dunno:

Can we organize a get together??:thumb:

Road trip to the Studio?? :biker:
(I'm sure we'd rustle up a barbecue in there somewhere)

Any thoughts and ideas... :huh:

~Denise~

IWF Atlanta

Yes. I'll be there.

I will be working in the Woodworkers's Supply booth number 6885.

Come by and see me while I'm there.

Be glad to talk with anyone coming by.

Less than three weeks...

Yup, less than three weeks til IWF ! :eek:

Our show badges have arrived, and I've layed out a plan of attack for at least two (if not three) days of walking and wishing. Even though the show is actually four days, Wednesday 8/20 through Saturday 8/23, I doubt either of us are up to more than two, maybe three days of it.

Saturday often produces good deals from vendors since it's the last day and they'd rather sell the demo equipment rather than have to pack it up and haul it back with them. But that's irrelevant to me, since I'm all shopped out...for a while anyway. :doh:

Denise and I would love to host any folks that care to come down to the shop for a visit. And as she alluded to earlier, we'd be thrilled to throw together an impromptu poolside BBQ. How about folks start throwing out days for a shop visit, assuming anyone is interested.

And even if folks aren't interested, or can't spare the time for a shop visit, we should at least figure out when everyone will be there so we can at least get together for a few libations...:thumb:

Dates...?
- Marty -

Marty PLUG

well folks i kant make it to the show:( but any of yous going are gonna kick yurself for not going alittle bit further to see the studio - shop!!!! and the offered BBQ at poolside,, i am sure he will have the dillo's all penned up b4 then:rofl:, so there will be plenty of room in the pool for all who wants.. and both of them thar folk kan cook!!!! so ifun ya all r going better plan ahead and get in touch with marty or denise... this was no paid politcal announcement for the proper use of hospitality from the family and
I APPROVE THIS ANNOUCEMENT:thumb::thumb::thumb: if only they had a fast train to GA...:D

Thanks for the endorsement Larry. It's a shame you're not closer. Your company would add to the draw for folks to come down to the shop/studio! :thumb:

Oh, and we haven't seen another armadillo since that one. I guess he ran off and told all his kin what an awful time he had in our 'cement pond', and it's keeping the rest of them away...or at least in the real pond out back! :dunno:

- Marty -

i`m thinkin` seriously about commin`.........stars aligned, wind blowin` and stuff fallin` right i`m hoping i`ll make it?

Marty, I can't think of anything I'd rather be doing than touring your "studio"!

Unfortunately, even though we will be cruising in the area, driving from Oregon, we will be on quite the schedule. I don't think even the full 6 days we have planned for being in Atlanta will cover it all. We have pre-show appointments to look at several cnc routers and some 6 head moulders...and then there are the rest of the several hundred booths...

Watch for me though on the floor. I'll be the fat guy in a scooter wearing the Oregon Duck cap...

And, just maybe, I'll be in touch for a tour...one can hope.

Doug

I will be at the show on Friday, doing my one day walk thru. I go by myself and blitz the floor. Never know what you are going to find.

I would be available for a Thursday nite, Friday nite or Saturday re-visit or get-together...

i had planned on coming but i felt it better to go spend a weekend with the wife since it's our anniversary. not to mention i don't need the temptation of buying tons of stuff over there.

have fun everyone, happy and safe travels to all of you who are able to make it.

chris

ps.. someone get a picture of "IT".....:D

i had planned on coming but i felt it better to go spend a weekend with the wife since it's our anniversary. not to mention i don't need the temptation of buying tons of stuff over there.

have fun everyone, happy and safe travels to all of you who are able to make it.

chris

ps.. someone get a picture of "IT".....:D

Sorry you can't make it Chris! :(

Being married myself, I sorta understand...:rofl:

Oh, and if anyone does choose to come down for a shop visit, I'll be confiscating cameras and cell phones at the door. No pics...IT is camera shy! :laugh2:

- Marty -

Ok, so we're TWO DAYS AWAY! Yup, IWF starts Wednesday morning!!!

Denise and I (and tod) have tried to get folks to speak up and say when y'all are gonna be around, and if any of y'all would be interested in venturing down to Chez' Walsh for a visit.

Given the lack of response, we're not sure what to think. :dunno: :huh:

Sure would be nice to get together, even if only for a photo op at the show.

Tod and I (and most likely Denise) will be there Wednesday for sure, and probably a few more days through the week.

Anyone interested in getting together, drop me a PM and I'll shoot you my cell phone number so we can hook up.

Safe travels and hope to see some of you there...
- Marty -

ya dun scared um offff!

with that big snake you got this wknd ..its got to have brother or sister and worse yet a mother thats very upset:rofl: ya aint gettin me down dera with thum critters out roaming dillos r fine but not them other cralers...:D have fun folk and tod unwind alittel kick upthem heels of yurn and let out some steam,, catch one of those big ole catfish fer me and fry it up and enjoy:)

Marty,
I will be at arriving in ATL on Wed. Just saw this post. Would love to see your shop. As Tod knows I will travel to see a nice shop. Maybe we can hook up while we are there.

Greg

Marty,
I will be at arriving in ATL on Wed. Just saw this post. Would love to see your shop. As Tod knows I will travel to see a nice shop. Maybe we can hook up while we are there.

Greg

Well Greg, I don't know about a 'nice' shop, but you're absolutely welcome to venture down if you're so inclined.

PM sent...
- Marty -

with that big snake you got this wknd ..its got to have brother or sister and worse yet a mother thats very upset:rofl: ya aint gettin me down dera with thum critters out roaming dillos r fine but not them other cralers...:D have fun folk and tod unwind alittel kick upthem heels of yurn and let out some steam,, catch one of those big ole catfish fer me and fry it up and enjoy:)

Well Larry, as Denise posted in that snake thread, that's only the second one we've seen in three years. And the first one didn't count since it was only about 12 inches long...and was no competition for Denise's .410 snake gun! :rofl:

If'n folks are scared by a snake, they'd be terrified meeting us...huh? :doh:

- Marty -