Mark Rios...........nice guy!

Stuart Ablett

A while back Mark had some older circular saw blades that he did not need and was going to toss them, I said I'd take them to cut up for scraper tips for turning.

Well the blades came, as well as a book he thought I'd enjoy (I'm already on chapter six!).

I just want to extend a public and personal "thanks" to Mark, he might joke around a bit, but he made my day, by getting a gift in the mail!

mark_care_pack.jpg

My wife saw the box, and I got "That" look, and the inevitable "OK, what did you order this time............?" question, this time I could say "Nothing, my buddy Mark sent me some thing for free!!" :D :thumb:

Thanks Mark, you are Da man! :headbang: :thumb:

after seeing marks triangular headed pet.....i`d let my ol` hounds sniff out any packages before i got close:D

HEY, NOOOOOOBODY else wanted those blades when I was asking to give them away so like my son used to say....you can suck swamp water. :D :D :D

I'm very glad it got there Stu. That was actually pretty quick. I was hoping that you would like the topic of the book. Sounds like you do. That's great.

Boy though, you guys are sure right about it being cheaper to send stuff in country as opposed to out. I could have sent the stuff three times for what it was to Japan. But hey....Stu deserves it and besides, how often does someone get to send something to Japan? It was fun.

You're very welcome Stu. Glad to do it.

Hey Stu, be careful talking about how nice Mark is...we don't want to mess up the terrible reputation he's worked on for all these years.
Boy though, you guys are sure right about it being cheaper to send stuff in country as opposed to out...
Yeah, I discovered the same thing last year shipping some cutting boards to business associates in Japan. I think the shipping cost me nearly as much as the (overpriced) materials I used in the boards. Similar to your experience though, it was worth the cost.

My wife saw the box, and I got "That" look, and the inevitable "OK, what did you order this time............?" question, this time I could say "Nothing, my buddy Mark sent me some thing for free!!" :D :thumb:

Thanks Mark, you are Da man! :headbang: :thumb:

I think you've just found a way to do some stealth purchases. Now that she's seen Mark's return address, order all your stuff and have it shipped to Mark. Then paypal him to cover the shipping charges to Japan. You can claim it's more stuff that Mark sent you no-charge.

Way to go Mark.

Hey Mark,

what does this mean?

Ho imparato che troppi cose ed io non conosco che cosa fare.

Ken I.S. Confused

If you put it into a translator from Italian back to English it doesn't come out quite right. Those dang Italians always making something sound better than it really is with their sexy, romantic language. :D

In English it would my be (my original intention):

I have learned too much worthless stuff and now I don't know what to do.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: