Desert Ironwood

I finally got my AZ permit for ironwood and am now ready to clear out some space in my shop and recoup some of the cost of chainsaw and bandsaw blades etc. I will pack a 5.5x8.5x11 flat rate box with pen blanks and chunks (aprox 15 lbs) and ship to you for $50 total. There will easily be enough material for over 50 pen blanks, or I can send all larger chunks for bottle stoppers, pepper mills, finals, collars, even small bowl blanks. I dont want to get into the onesey twosey with the pen blanks, this is a bulk operation.:D You will get a good variety; some figured wood and a range of shades from light gold to almost ebony. If you are a regular on this forum, you can just tell me what you want;, I send the box, you send the check or money order. (not set up for paypal or anything like that.) If your visiting or not a regular member, I will need a money order from you before I ship. Contact me by PM or at richardson32@cox.net or cell at 623-521-0382. Cheers, Barry

Attachments

• flatratebox1.jpg
    flatratebox1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 120
  • flatratebox2.jpg
    flatratebox2.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 114
Dang, Barry, you really know how to try and get a guy in trouble!

No... must... fight... the... temptation... feeling... weak... must... not... give... in.:eek:;)
Same dog's pulling at my leash, too. :rolleyes: I need to use wood, not buy more. Still thinkin' about it, though. ;)

Frank said:
HTML:
Looks delicious but I have wood all over the place now

Hey I'm open to a swap as well, for flat stock! Espically QS white or QS red oak, or walnut, or cherry, or elm, or....heck, any other decent wood for that matter. Don't really need any more turning stock though. Barry

Got Wood

To all you people considering this wood deal - Get It!

I just received a heavy box of beautiful Desert Ironwood. The Postman said "You sure get your moneys worth out of these flat rate boxes!"

Lotza Beautiful wood. Like Barry says enough for 50 pens. I think there is enough for many more than 50 plus some bottle stoppers.

There are many other sites that will sell you 10 blanks of this quality wood for $50.

Thanks Barry

I will be posting a pen soon.

To all you people considering this wood deal - Get It!

There are many other sites that will sell you 10 blanks of this quality wood for $50.

DITTO!!

I was grabbing a sandwich while taking a break from cleaning the shop when I heard a thump outside the front door. I opened the door to see the mail carrier walking away and cursing under her breath. When I saw the return address, I had to chuckle.

This stuff is nice. Even a few "burly" blanks with sapwood that make me shudder to think what they would have cost me elsewhere.

THANKS BARRY!

Now, off to sharpen my gouge.......

Baron

Here is a Baron made from Barry's Ironwood.

This one seems to have very confused grain to the wood. Do you think I should return the wood and see if he can supply something with nice straight and even grain?

Attachments

• BaronDIsm.jpg
    BaronDIsm.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 31
Yeah Pete, looks like the wood's defective. :rofl: I doubt he could take it back though, now that you've made your own modifications to it. I think you voided the warranty. :D

I hope my box has some defective wood. ;)

Well my box arrived today, in one piece, but the post man wanted to know what was inside, I said "Wood" he said, "No really, what is it, rocks?" :D

I showed him, he could not believe it, heck I cannot believe how hard and heavy this stuff is! :thumb:

iron_wood3.JPG iron_wood2.JPG iron_wood1.JPG

Barry, I'm also very embarrassed to say, that I've not sent your international postal money order (IPMO) yet either, I went today, but missed, the "Post office" is open to 5 PM but the part of the post office that does the IPMO was only open till 4 PM :doh:

I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

Barry was kind enough to send me a smaller flat rate box than the rest of you guys got, I really appreciate you helping me out Barry!

Cheers!

PS thanks for the two Mesquite blanks you put in there as well! :thumb:

Mine arrived today. If you've not ordered any of this, don't bother. It's real plain, boring wood. :rolleyes:

BTW Barry, I'd like another 30 boxes please. :rofl:

Man o' man, it is a nice box of wood. The hardest part will be deciding how best to use such beautiful wood. Many thanks, Barry! :thumb:

Got my box from Barry today! Wow, does this man know how to pack a box....great selection of some very cool looking wood. Now, what do I do with it????

Thanks Barry.

Doug