Must be living right.........

...A number of these pieces are HUGE way bigger than I can turn on the DVR, without going into the outboard mode...
Another nice haul, Stu. If shipping wasn't such a dealbreaker, I'd love to help take some of those "too big" pieces off your hands. :( Ah well, I'll keep trying to work my arborist connections to my favor. (The neighbor a couple doors down from us does have some ash for me. I need to go pick it up this weekend.)

OK, I got the rest of the second batch processed, sealed up, ready to stack in my corner..........

bowl_blanks.JPG
That should be a lot of bowls, at one point!

pen_blanks.JPG
These pieces are the center "pith" pieces that are cut out of the blanks, they will make great pen blanks!

I got the truck unloaded of the larger stock, I was lucky, I had my youngest (but tallest) daughter Mizuki, give me a hand, she was a great help!

bigwood_mizuki1.JPG bigwood_mizuki2.JPG

Let me tell you, there are some BIG chunks there. :D

The moisture content of this stuff is NOT "Green" wood, it is down to 18% already, but still, it should give some nice pieces.

Cheers!

Looks like "Big Blue" has been getting a good workout lately.:D I keep looking (and thinking back to the other posts during the last yr or so), and I thought, I wonder if Stu has ANY IDEA how many trips up that ladder he will have made (hauling out turning chips) by the time he gets all that wood turned into finished projects.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Holy Cow!!!! What a haul. The best thing you can do is rough turn as many as you can, as fast as you can. They dry a lot better in that form and they can be stored in a smaller space. That makes my feet and knees ache just thinking about turning all that wood.

As for your engraving problem, might be time to buy a laser.:eek:

Terry

Norman, Big Blue came through, yet again, with flying colors, that saw has been one of the best investments I've every made in wood working equipment :thumb:

Terry, yeah, it is a large haul, but I hope to be able to give a large amount of it away here to some of my turners friends..... :dunno:

Cheers!

Here is the last pic of that haul, all stacked in my wood storage area....... :rolleyes:
holding_the_wall_up.JPG
As I said, I hope to give a lot of this away, but even if I do, there is still a LOT Of wood deal with! :D

You just thought you rearranged the Dungeon for the turning club meeting. Come to find out, you had to do it for all the new wood. ;) That pile ought to keep you off the streets at night for a while. :p

Definitely a nice haul, Stu. Guess you might a bit sore...no? Big Blue might need to have a "dentist" check out it's "teeth" after chewing through all that stuff...:doh:

:rofl::rofl: