SHOCK........ Another Toothpick Holder.......

Stuart Ablett

...... Boy are these fun, and people really like them! :thumb:

maple1.JPG maple2.JPG maple3.JPG

This one is all Maple, I made the basket at the bottom a little deeper that the first one, seems to hold the toothpicks better!

Cheers!

I made the basket at the bottom a little deeper that the first one, seems to hold the toothpicks better!

I think the middle photo represents the intent of the original design ... but making it so the inner assembly can be stand-alone is a great idea. :thumb: Another idea would be to have a stop (in the form of decorative dowels inserted into holes drilled on the side?) so that the inner assembly could only come up so high.

EDIT: I withdraw my challenge to make the inner assembly as a single piece ... as long as you want the closed lid to match the outer shell. But if you use a contrasting wood, the challenge still stands!

Last edited:
Stuart, also toothpick holder infected ?
And you did that very fast I suppose, like Speedy Conzalis.
Anyway now I have to make a choice, which one I'm going to make, I saw three of them I believe. I already put this on my turning list.
Hey Stu, great job :thumb:

I like the form on this one Stu! I do like natural maple but it made me think that the holder would be a great piece to use some of your different color dyes - just to enhance it even more. Nice work!