Unloading a 17" BS?

Al killian

On tuesday I have Grizzly 513 comeing. How have those of you that have a larger bs moved it into the shop? Will a regular dolley work for it or is this going need to be laid down and moved on a furniture cart? Maybe this time UPS will not forget will I live.:rolleyes:

It's just over 300 lbs. If you have a good dolly (2 wheel hand truck), you should be able to move it. Getting through a low door could be the most difficult part as you have to lower the top and will get most of the weight on your arms. To get by that problem, turn the hand truck so the top is facing in. Put straps (easier to hold than ropes) through the top bar then, pulling on straps, lift slightly and pull the works through the door. Then (accompanied by appropriate grunts) lift to a working balance point and wheel to final location.

My buddy is comeing over for dinner that night. I forgot to tell him that he has to help unload it.:rofl: One day he will learn not to trust me when I have him over for dinner durning the week. Yeah I have a decent hand truck, migth have to air up the tires alittle. The door will not be a problem as it is a oversized service door. Just was not sure how balanced to weigth would be.

Al,

The trucker that delivered my MM-16 had it on a pallet jack. My neighbor and I kept moving sheets of plywood down my gravel driveway into the shop. The trucker moved it into the shop and then tried to decline the tip I gave him. I finally convinced him it was worth $20 to have it in the shop.

Hi Al :wave:,
Congratulations on the upcoming arrival.
You may consider the u-haul rental refridgerator dolly and the strapping that comes with it. :dunno: Heavy duty and made for bigger stuff.
Shaz :)

What Jeff said... and it helps if the hand truck is a refridgerator dolly. The stair belts and the securing strap make it a bit easier to use for high 'tilty' stuff like bandsaws.

Well, it is here and works great. The only problem I had is that the Timber Wolf blade did not come in until the day after the bandsaw. So, I did not do much beyond getting the table on it and getting everything squareed up. Yesterday the new blade came in (3/4" resaw) and put it in and adjusted it. After that I tensioned it, I found a few small chunks of apple to try it out. WOW, it sliced right thru it. Both wet and dry there was little differnce in cutting with the TW blade. I know, no pics means it did not happen. Here are a few with saw dust all over to so it it used and works.
BScrated.jpg
[/IMG]
BSresaw1.jpg
[/IMG]
BSresaw2.jpg
[/IMG]

Well now, don't waste any time do you? From crate to sawdust in just a few pics. Well done. I have the discontinued 513X and love that thing everytime I use it. You will enjoy that machine. I got the TW 2-3T, 3/4" and think it is great as well. I have also used 1/4" TW's on the saw and they behave very well for detail work.

The wif says I am worse then a kid. When I get a new tool/toy I get it setup then play with it for hours.:D I bought this manly for resawing as I have 10" rockwell for smaller things. I was looking at thenext model up, but just could not see the since in spending a extra $200 on adding some castiron to it. It will probaly only get used a few times a month.