I made three more of those toothpick holders today varying each one a bit but staying somewhat close to the WOOD design. Then I tried thinking out of the box, er toothpick holder, and came up with the Shroom version. It's Hickory with CA on the bark edges, Mylands and wax on the rest. LOML claimed this one before I even finished with it.
The bowl is Red Elm crotch that I roughed out three weeks ago and DNA soaked. It opened up along the bark inclusion so I again tried something new (for me). I inlaid a Walnut butterfly patch. It actually helped hold the side together but was a bugger to chisel out the recess since I had already finish turned the bowl. It was very springy and I couldn't chop with my chisels...I had to pare it and Elm is pretty tough stuff.