Thread: The 2008 Kansas City Woodworking Show-Friends, reflections, sights & sounds

The 2008 Kansas City Woodworking Show-Friends, reflections, sights & sounds

I invite you to visit my blog to view the video I made while at the 2008 Kansas City Woodworking Show. This is a rare opportunity we have to meet some members of WoodNet amd SMC in video format.

A bunch of WoodNet and SMC members attended a breakfast ahead of the Show's opening time. You get a chance to meet all of them, as they reveal themselves and their affiliation. We had a great gathering!

My thanks to Steve Roxberg for the tour of his shop, currently being reconfigured. What a nice shop, and brand-new cyclone system!

Then it was off to the show. I share with you some of the sights and sounds, and my thoughts about the Woodworking Shows.

Thanks for looking, and may YOUR favorite team win the Super Bowl!

Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms

Wow, that was close Al. Luckily you missed getting me into any of the frames, otherwise would have broke the camera

I wished I would have spent a little more time there on Friday, I did catch the first Finishing session, which was worth the price of admission alone.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Sorry to have missed you, Darren - maybe next time. You also might want to join the group that went for b'fast, if time permits.

Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms

Watched the whole thing. Looks like fun and informative. A bit crowded. I'm wondering who the sponsoring organization is for a show like that. It would be nice to get one in Springfield, MO or Little Rock, AR or both. I know Little Rock has plenty of convention space for something like that. Just don't know about Springfield.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Do they ever do events up at the Grizzly store in Springfield? Probably not as big as this one, but would be nice to go to some free how-to sessions.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault