Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So this is where everyone went!

So this is where everyone went!

I had been wondering where some of the familiar names had gone over at SMC. It appears that I have now found them. I have been a long time member over there, but I don't read all the posts (not even close to all!) But it looks like there was some kind of coup attempt or some kind of difference of opinion over there and this site was the result. I have this reputation at work of always being the last person to find out stuff, and it looks like that reputation has followed me here as well. I just go about my business not really being aware of the stuff going on around me.
    I have been trying to find a thread or announcement of some kind that explains what happened but so far I haven't run across it. Can someone either point me to the thread that explains all this, or if one doesn't exist, create it, because I would really like to know what happened.

Thanks,

Larry

hi larry glad you found us wayward souls........i`ll only speak for myself as to why i chose to be one of the folks who started this forum......or better yet i`ll give you a link straight to the horses mouth http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...575#post444575

i took this as a please get lost......rest is history.....tod
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Steve Clardy Guest
    Good to see you Larry

Larry,

Welcome to our little home in cyber-space.

This forum was created by a dozen or so of us, when we had our fill of the nonsense going on at SMC. Each of us has hot buttons that were pressed (over and over), and each of us had our own individual reasons that caused the final move.

I won't go into details, since one of the things we decided when we created this forum was that it's NOT a place to bash other forums, or the members or staff of other forums.

That was then, this is now! I hope you enjoy your time here. We're hoping to learn from the mistakes of the past, and create a place where all are welcome and treated fairly, and consistantly.

Thanks...
    - Marty -
    Fivebraids, Inc.
    When you earnestly believe you can compensate for a lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there’s no end to what you can’t do…

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    i`ll only speak for myself as to why i chose to be one of the folks who started this forum
    Ya, no dancing for Todd, I hear he has two left feet
    Jim

Thanks Steve!
    I am so sorry to hear about your shop!
    Did that drill press you bought in Springdale make it through the disaster?

Steve Clardy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Thanks Steve!
    I am so sorry to hear about your shop!
    Did that drill press you bought in Springdale make it through the disaster?
    Thats the same one that's doing a bang up job supporting that broken truss
    I have another one almost identical to it I can use.
    I used the one from Springdale to drill my euro hinges for doors.
    Just a few months ago, I bought a Red Baron hinge drill machine, which thankfully came out OK.
    I later on, with some straighting of the motor bracket and cover, I think it will run again.

Hi Larry,

Welcome to the forum.

Hi Larry

And I though I was always the last to find out.

I just made it here a few days ago myself. Glad you made it as well. Good to have you here.
    John Whittaker

Hi Larry, I am glad that you fund us eventually and I hope that you enjoy it here I will send you private email with my reasons for leaving SMC.
    Cheers, Frank