Giant Toothpick Holder

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
Here's my version of a toothpick holder. By my estimates, it'll hold about 20 or 30 boxes of 'em. It's ambrosia maple, 11" tall by 5 1/4" wide at the top, and 2 1/4" wide at the bottom. This one put my steady rests to good use. It's finished with Antique Oil and buffed with the three wheel system. It was a learning experience; I didn't quite nail the curve. I'm considering putting it back on the lathe and tweaking the curve ever so slightly. As a famous turner is known to say...it is what it is.

Bowl 034 - 03 800.jpg Bowl 034 - 04 800.jpg Bowl 034 - 05 800.jpg Bowl 034 - 06 800.jpg Bowl 034 - 07 800.jpg

Comments and catcalls are welcome and appreciated.

It was a learning experience; I didn't quite nail the curve. I'm considering putting it back on the lathe and tweaking the curve ever so slightly. As a famous turner is known to say...it is what it is.
I think you did nail it! I wouldn't change a thing. Well done IMO:thumb:

Just for fun you should turn some 2X2's into toothpicks and put them in it.:dunno:

Last edited:
Nice form, Vaughn. I wouldn't change anything, either, especially since I tend to destroy the piece when I go back to tweak something. I like it as is.