Tod, Frank.....?

Only knowing Frank from here, would assume he is busy from dawn to dusk helping everyone and anyone he can.

That's my take, too. :thumb:

I called my Mom yesterday, to see how folks in their neck of the woods fared. She said they had some high winds and rain for about 15 minutes, but then it blew right over. However, a church member in Mountain View (not Mountain Home) might have lost his home. My Dad and some others met up early yesterday morning to drive up and help out.

I just noticed that Gassville is only a few miles from Mountain Home. And, according to [this news site]...
The town of Gassville seems to have suffered the most damage here in the Ozarks.
Interesting video link there, as well. A group of faculty from the Mountain Home-based campus of Arkansas State University showed up to help, so I wouldn't be surprised if Frank has been spending time there (or elsewhere in the area) as well.

I'm here now. I was up in Nixa, MO babysitting the grands when all this happened. Just got back this afternoon. (Thursday) We had the storm room set up and were prepared. Fortunately the bad part went about 25 miles east of Nixa.
Gassville is only a few miles west of my home. We are a hillside house with a very good storm room, basically, underground. We are prepared with back-up heat, light, water, food, etc. But nothing happened here. Tod lives quite a few miles north east of Gassville.
The town of Gassville is about 50% wiped out. Very bad situation. The miracle is only one fatality considering the devastation.
Thank y'all for thoughts and prayers.

Glad to see you're OK, Frank. I figured you were pretty well prepared for anything that came your way, but it's good to see there was no damage at your place.

Hoping the best for those who weren't so fortunate.

Sure glad to hear Tod and Frank are OK...:thumb:

Are we missing any other members?:huh: If anyone knows of others that live in any of the affected areas, let us know what you know... That storm's tornadoes hit a wide area, over several states.:(

Glad you guys are ok! I was checking with dad up in Kimberling City. They had a couple up there, but they didn't touch down. He was telling me about Gassville. Sorry to hear of that!

Only knowing Frank from here, would assume he is busy from dawn to dusk helping everyone and anyone he can. Prayers for your safety and health Frank.

Johnathan, I appreciate your words. As you see, I was out of town and just arrived home this afternoon. The Sheriff has asked everyone who is not an official rescuer of some sort to stay away. There are still gas leaks and live electric wires, etc., he doesn't want amateurs getting hurt. There have been looting problems :mad: and a few rip-off artists who are charging more than $100.00 for a few minutes assistance. I'm half hoping the Sheriff (a friend of mine) will ask me to come and guard. Just need to decide what equipment to bring....44 mag, 30/06 or 12 ga....? Organizations are collecting money and needed items, I'm sure to get involved in some of that.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by this disaster. I sure feel dumb posting that Of Topic thread about the "horrible" SoCal weather. No disrespect intended; just bad timing on the joke.

Frank...
Relieved to hear that all is well with you and the family. When they handed out compassion mother nature was off in the john or something. I second the 44 mag and 12 ga (double-aught). I can be there in about 20 hours if you need backup.

Glad you are alright Frank....I'll triple the nomination for the 44 and 12 guage....unless you see em running away with the loot, then opt for the ought6, 165 grain ballistic tip, boat tails.:thumb:

Frank glad to see your words on my screen this morning. Being a newbie, I don't know everyone nor where they are from, but hope all are well as that is just devastating to say the least. My years on the Sheriff's Posse and working a couple of KKK rallies on horseback, I also suggest the 44 and 12 gauge. Nothing like the sound of a pump shotgun being racked!:D Incidentally, the KKK rallies mentioned, caused me to purchase a couple of 410 derringers. Not much at a distance, but figured someone would get a surprise if they tried to drag me off of my horse! :eek:

weapons for distruction!!!!

well i think we should control our words here some folk take offence to using our 2cd amendament rights, we can utilize them and think about them but in a family arena we should be silent and carry big sticks.. wait till we can lookum in the eyes then powder there behinds.. runnin down the missip to the gulf of mexico:D we can vaughn to play the song for us:thumb:

thanks for the concern ya`ll:eek:
everything`s fine here with the family, just now had a few mins. to stop by the shop and get on line. all the locals i know are helpfull and friendly so a call to arms seems a little far fetched to me.
once again, thanks!

Hi Tod and all. I see the time of Tod's post. At my house, the internet service and land line telephone were still out this a.m. until a few min. ago (about 11:30).
I haven't heard of more recent problems with looters or gougers. Sheriff has things well under control and volunteer support has been great in the town of Gassville.