Hello from Exmoor

Hello there from the other side of the pond. :wave:
I found your forum by following a link from a compatriot and like what I saw. Though my main focus at the moment is turning I ama develping an itch to do flat work as well. I am limted, working out of a 6' x 10' shed but what the heck...... we all start somewhere don't we. As long as you can cope with daft questions I'll be OK :thumb:

Pete

Welcome aboard, Pete. Glad to see you found us. We're getting quite a contingent of Brits here. It's great to see the similarities and differences between the methods of work in the US and Europe. And we're always up for daft questions, as long as you are too. ;)

Then there are the Japanese Canadians. We have a mini-club of them here, too. :D Odd lot, but overall good guys. :rofl:

Oh, and kudos on the little goblets. As you've likely gathered, we like pictures. :thumb:

Welcome Pete
Rather see you do flat wood, as opposed to turning. :rofl:
Oh well, you are still welcome :rofl:

As you guess I am not a turner and do not make tooth pick holders.
:rofl: :rofl:

PS
The coffee pot is on

Another PS
Type in Tooth pick holders, bunch of members are making some real neat ones. But dont tell them I said that.

HI Ya Pete!

Welcome to the Family!

Ignore Vaughn, he is a blonde living in Kalifornia after all........ ;) :D :rofl:

I'm a Canadian, living in Japan, not a "Japanese Canadian" blooming septics, always getting it wrong :doh:

Love to see some pics of your shop, I have a small shop, but you sound like you really do have a SMALL shop! :thumb:

Cheers!

...I'm a Canadian, living in Japan, not a "Japanese Canadian" blooming septics, always getting it wrong :doh:...
I think the proper term is either Canapanese or Japanadian. They still have a maple leaf on the flag...it's just a Japanese maple. :p

And who you calling septic? :rofl: We're on the city sewer system here. :D

Hi Pete! Welcome! Hey, I'm from England too, ...only about a dozen generations ago...still haven't got used to these vulgar Yanks,;) Hope to hear lots more from you. Barry

Hi Pete, very welcome here, or like the Dutch are saying ''hartelijk welkom''
Still you live on the other side of the channel, but not that far as on the other side of the pond. Don't worry about the size of your shop, mine is not much bigger, as long as you have fun in your shop, it's okay, right.
Waiting to see some work of you, don't hesitate, but post something. :wave:

Welcome Pete,
I have a small shop also, the upside is we don't have to walk far to get the tool we need. :rofl:The down side is I don't have space for a large project.:huh: Glad to have you, this is a great group here. :type: