Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally finished it...

Finally finished it...

Well I tried to get this done for the past few months but seemed to never get the time. It sure adds lots of extra needed storage for blades and so many other things that I can think of .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Table saw 001.JPG   Table saw 002.JPG   Table saw 006.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

looks great drew...i had to look twice, at first i thought it was a bench top TS in there. very nice fit

chris

Thanks Chris, Here are a couple of more pics with the dust cute made of some plastic board that I had hanging around. Could have made it a bit steeper but once i get the back cover over the motor opening it will increase the suction and clear out the dust better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails table saw cabinet.JPG   tablesaw cabinet.JPG  
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Nice job, Drew. I also was thinking that was a lot of cast iron top for a benchtop saw, then I saw the label in the last pic. Well done.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Looking good, Drew. how big are the casters? They look small in the photo. Are they hard to lock? Did you work from plans?

The top has two extensions to the left of the blade that gives it a bigger top and the wheels are rated for the load even though they look small. I had not planned to put it in the tools shop indi any time soon. It is heavy enough that I have to intentionally move it around and it doesn't move on it's own or when i am pushing stock through it. I am planning to replace them with better locking wheels when House of fools gets more in. They are in the process of changing all their stock over as the new owner is re vamping all the stock there. So they are out of lots of stock and not sure just what is being re-stocked or not.

Now that's gotta make things easier. Very nicely done.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Excellent way to better utilize available space. Very well done. It looks more like it should be in your living room instead of the shop .
    I KNOW IT WAS HERE A MINUTE AGO

Looks great Drew. I really like your partitioned drawer for the saw blades great idea!
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Thanks to all of you for giving me some ideas with your posts. I was told once that no matter what you do, take the time to do the best you can. I still have some tweeking to do and figure what to put in the drawers??

Geez all the problems to figure out.