So did anyone else get this flu?

John Dow

Former Member (at his request)
If so, you have my sympathy, cuz it sucked! I did get lucky with a fairly moderate strain, but I haven't been that sick in 20 years. Some friends and co-workers really got bad ones, and it seems like more people I know got it than didn't.

On my second round of anti-biotics. Not the flue but I got sick two weeks ago and got over it. Except for a little sniffle.

Well yesterday it came back with a roar. Wife drove me to the doc this morning. I figured there were enough old men on the road with out full facalities driving and I better not add one more to the mix.

Doc asked me what I had and I told him it was the Asian Death Flue. Looked at me funny and I explained. It's easy to recognize it. It has two symptoms.
  1. At first you think your going to die.
  2. Then your afraid your not going to die.

One last thing. It always amazes me how such a tiny needle that does nothing more than a little sting when insertered. hurt so bad an hour latter and make you limp!

Jeff
Crawling back to the couch now. Probably with a couple of rest stops on the floor before I get there.

Got sick for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago.... I don't get sick and only see a doctor about every 5 years... this flu knocked me down, kicked me around... generally had its way with me... euthanasia was starting to look good. After about 10 days I started to feel a bit better and today I guess I'm back to normal. It'll be 14 days tomorrow. I was so sick I had to take a couple of Advil painkillers, and I never take pills....ever....

I hope nobody else hurts as bad as I did.

cheers eh?

I've still got it! Been just shy of two weeks, now. Fever's gone, along with most of the other nasties, but his cough is killing me! My ribs hurt, my back hurts, and my (substantial) belly hurts - all from the stress of coughing. It laughs at over-the-counter cough remedies, and even Phenergan with codiene only keeps it at bay for about half the prescribed between-doses time. Nasty!

Had a sleep over of Grandkids (6), they went home and left me sick for the whole month of January, still hanging on a little bit
but couldnt work in the shop for a Month!!
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Fortunately our family hasn't to date, but one of my son's Kindergarten classmates is spending her third day in the hospital due to severe dehydration. We will hopefully know tomorrow how well, or if, her kidneys bouncing back. Our prayers are with her and her family.

I hope all will be in finer spirits and health soon.
Wes

No Flu, but one of my Daughters brought "SOMETHING" home from work the first day of the week we spent with them at xmas, and before we left, my other daughter and I got it. a week later after 5 days of antibiotics, I thought I was over whatever it was, (Sinus infection & Bronchitis) and I made a 5 day trip to Alabama, didn't get much sleep OR rest and it hit me HARD when I got home. I got an antibiotic shot and a steroid shot and 5 more days of antibiotic pills and Prednisone and was told to come back in 10 days to see if I was clear. Welllllllllll....at the checkup, I got ANOTHER Steroid shot and an antibiotic shot and 14 more days of stronger antibiotic pills and 21 days ofprednisone, (steroid pills) and was told to come back in 15 days. I won't even go into the misery this stuff has caused, much less how much the steroids have screwed up my blood sugar readings, which bounce up and down like crazy. Every Dr's office in the area has been over run with patients. I don't know what it is for sure, but I'm Siiiiiiiiiiiiick of this stuff, and still short of breath and have NO strength or endurance. The LOML got a mild case of it and only had two rounds of medicine, and both daughters had the stuff come back, (or maybe something slightly different) about a week and a half after they thought they were over the first round of it.

My best wishes to all who are afflicted with all these different "Bugs" that are going around this year.

Last edited:
What a difference 24 hours makes! I feel human again this morning. Those of you to stubborn or masochistic to go the doctor are just stupid! I sure don't feel like running a marathon but I feel so much better today.

I can actually walk to the computer now and not have to crawl. :D

I am even going to tackle the stairs after while and go to the Lab. Might not do much but I am going to get to my shop.

I heard on the news the other night that there are two flu bugs that weren't included in the vaccine this year plus what they referred to as a "Super Cold". I think what I am finally getting over is the Super Cold. Really bad chest congestion, low grade fever, head ache, but no real nausea. Missed five days total from the day job and was too sick to play in the shop. That really shucks. Pretty much cleared up now, just a bit of congestion that doesn't have me haveing to stop every five steps to catch my breath.

Just got back from New Mexico. either got the stomach flu from one of my kin or ate some bad food. I tell you, haven't had it in years, but this was just plain violent. I think my neighbor could even here me yacking this morning as he shoveled my drive for me.