Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So did anyone else get this flu?

So did anyone else get this flu?

If so, you have my sympathy, cuz it sucked! I did get lucky with a fairly moderate strain, but I haven't been that sick in 20 years. Some friends and co-workers really got bad ones, and it seems like more people I know got it than didn't.

John, I hope you'll feel better soon. I have been able to dodge the flu so far, even though my fellow co-workers around me have been falling like timber.

I got zapped a couple days after Christmas and didn't get rid of it for a good week and half. A fun time wasn't had by all.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

No flu, but I'm starting week three of a bronchitis bout. This stuff just won't go away.

On my second round of anti-biotics. Not the flue but I got sick two weeks ago and got over it. Except for a little sniffle.

Well yesterday it came back with a roar. Wife drove me to the doc this morning. I figured there were enough old men on the road with out full facalities driving and I better not add one more to the mix.

Doc asked me what I had and I told him it was the Asian Death Flue. Looked at me funny and I explained. It's easy to recognize it. It has two symptoms.
    1. At first you think your going to die.
    2. Then your afraid your not going to die.

One last thing. It always amazes me how such a tiny needle that does nothing more than a little sting when insertered. hurt so bad an hour latter and make you limp!

Jeff
    Crawling back to the couch now. Probably with a couple of rest stops on the floor before I get there.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Got sick for the first time in years a couple of weeks ago.... I don't get sick and only see a doctor about every 5 years... this flu knocked me down, kicked me around... generally had its way with me... euthanasia was starting to look good. After about 10 days I started to feel a bit better and today I guess I'm back to normal. It'll be 14 days tomorrow. I was so sick I had to take a couple of Advil painkillers, and I never take pills....ever....

I hope nobody else hurts as bad as I did.

cheers eh?

I've still got it! Been just shy of two weeks, now. Fever's gone, along with most of the other nasties, but his cough is killing me! My ribs hurt, my back hurts, and my (substantial) belly hurts - all from the stress of coughing. It laughs at over-the-counter cough remedies, and even Phenergan with codiene only keeps it at bay for about half the prescribed between-doses time. Nasty!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Had a sleep over of Grandkids (6), they went home and left me sick for the whole month of January, still hanging on a little bit
    but couldnt work in the shop for a Month!!

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

I'm staying away from you guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mickley View Post
    I'm staying away from you guys!!
    Yeah, you better! I wouldn't even wish this stuff on an enemy, let alone a friend!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!