new guy

Hi I have been a full time furniture maker for over 30 yrs and just recently discovered these web sites and am really enjoying it.In time I will post some pictures and hopefully be involved with the interchange of ideas and hopefully learn a lot from some other members.
It is my firm belief that the longer I do this,the more realize how little I really know ,compared to what all there is to learn.

Attachments

• Sideboard.doc
    56 KB · Views: 39
  • ZUNI BENCH.doc
    52 KB · Views: 32
Welcome aboard, Bobby. Glad to have another experienced voice to add to the mix. Very nice work on both the sideboard and bench. (And if the price for the sideboard is indeed $1.00, I'll take it.) ;)

Wellcome Bobby, furniture making, I did that 30 years ago, but now I'm hooked to woodturning.

If the price for the sideboard is indeed $1.00, I'll take it.) ;)

Welcome Aboard, very nice products!! :clap:

By the way I bid $9.99 high enough to block out other bidders :headbang:

PS
When you delivery MY sideboard, I'll put the coffee pot on.

Last edited:
A Hearty Welcome from W. Tx, bobby. Beautiful pieces there. It's great to have a new talented "Flat Work Artisan" join us to help us keep these "Spinny Vortex Generators" somewhat in line.:thumb: (They seem to be multiplying faster than Rabbits here):rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

A Hearty Welcome from W. Tx, bobby. Beautiful pieces there. It's great to have a new talented "Flat Work Artisan" join us to help us keep these "Spinny Vortex Generators" somewhat in line.:thumb: (They seem to be multiplying faster than Rabbits here):rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Bobby:wave:,
I have to second Norman's welcome, this one is from Houston on the other side of Texas. Your pieces are very nice and the photos of them are quite professional, Thanks for sharing!
The selection of wood and the placement of it on the sideboard is well done:thumb:. Are those your knobs?
More later, welcome here.
Shaz :)

Watch out for those rabbits!!!!!:eek::rofl::rofl:

knobs

Thanks for all of the nice greetings!The knobs are made out of Petersite a semi-precious stone,then carved with a design,set in 18 karate gold,with back plates of quarterswan sycamore and ebony.A little over the top!They were made a nationally known jewelry artist Don McCoy.I used to collaborate with other artists frequently for over the top type pieces.There are many problems there though:the piece always become extremely expensive and even though I have worked "high end" only for a long time this usually puts the piece in another different catorgory.If you use a really good artist he rightfully wants his normal price range for his or her time and some of them make a lot more than woodworkers.Believe me this really escalates the costs of a piece and clientel willing to pay this for a piece of "functunal art" are a lot harder to come by.Believe me dealing with an artist like this can be a challenge of it's own!So for me it's been a mixed bag and yet I am probably going to another series of work with another artist.In fact if anyone knows of a painter who can do special work with horses I would love to talk with them.
That envelope always needs to be pushed!That's what happens when Wendell Castle is your mentor.

I am probably going to another series of work with another artist.In fact if anyone knows of a painter who can do special work with horses I would love to talk with them.
That envelope always needs to be pushed!That's what happens when Wendell Castle is your mentor.
Hi Bobby :wave:,
Thank you for the input. Good insight or just sight as it is (reality).
I know about that mentor thing, thank goodness for good mentors. I thought WC was the "leader of the stack!" :D Always impressed by his creations, you are very fortunate. Sadly:(, most are not so lucky, and that is where you come in, please share as you see fit.

Your work is very nice, and your designs pleasing. Thanks again!
Shaz