Hello From Topeka KS

Mike Gager

hi my name is Mike and im just starting out with this great hobby of woodworking. trying to learn as i go and things are going slowly! im learning something new everytime i go out to the shop though so thats a good thing. been gathering tools and doing a lot of reading

my shop is 1/2 of my 24x28 2 car garage. i back the truck out while i work so i can use the other half then clean it up and park it there at night. its uninsulated and it gets pretty cold here so most times it about 30-35 degrees out there when im working but i carry on!

so far ive built a few things some arent all the way done though. such things include cabinets for the shop, almost finished an outside version of a morris chair, almost finished some more cabinets for our hallway and i made my mother in law a charger valet to give her husband. that was a surprise gift that came out pretty good. was my first attempt at staining and finishing as well! she was thrilled and so was he though so worked out great. unfortunetly i didnt think to get pics of it :doh:

next on the list is a mission style end table of my own design and im going to make my wife a keepsake box for her birthday

anyways this site seems pretty cool so i figured id join and say hello

Welcome to the clubhouse, Mike. I think we all learn something every time we go into the shop. Don't hesitate to ask questions. :wave:

Hi Mike, wellcome, have a good time here, I can tell you, a great bunch of friendly people walked around here

hi my name is Mike and im just starting out with this great hobby of woodworking. trying to learn as i go and things are going slowly! im learning something new everytime i go out to the shop though so thats a good thing. been gathering tools and doing a lot of reading

my shop is 1/2 of my 24x28 2 car garage. i back the truck out while i work so i can use the other half then clean it up and park it there at night. its uninsulated and it gets pretty cold here so most times it about 30-35 degrees out there when im working but i carry on!

so far ive built a few things some arent all the way done though. such things include cabinets for the shop, almost finished an outside version of a morris chair, almost finished some more cabinets for our hallway and i made my mother in law a charger valet to give her husband. that was a surprise gift that came out pretty good. was my first attempt at staining and finishing as well! she was thrilled and so was he though so worked out great. unfortunetly i didnt think to get pics of it :doh:

next on the list is a mission style end table of my own design and im going to make my wife a keepsake box for her birthday

anyways this site seems pretty cool so i figured id join and say hello

Hi Mike :wave:,
It is nice to have you join in the fun. It won't be long before you feel more at home here and I'm sure you will fit in fine! Don't worry about your level or experience with the woodworking, we are all on a learning curve and love where we are, why? because we can see getting Better, and the folks here want to see that happen! Keep trying and snap some photos when you can.
Happy Valentine's Day,
Shaz :)

Hi Mike
Welcome...........
You will do very well here, just like the movie
"Follow the yellow brick road" Topeka KS where it all started

Mike, welcome to the family. :wave: Nice to welcome a fellow Kansan. I grew up about 110 miles to the northwest in Marysville, KS. My dad, also a member, still lives there. As others have pointed out...ask questions, someone will have answers and we love pics of projects.