I think I'm learning this

After much help from Mr Richards I am slowly getting the hang of it.

This is the first thing I've done on my own.

Still needs doors, I have to figure out the rail and style thing and raised panels :huh: :dunno: Yes I know theres no fancy joints but it's going together with pocket screws

And a shelf in the middle, I have to figure out how to draw an L shape

That funky panel with the holes, it's for a set of speakers
I'm planning on covering it with cloth.

How can I un paint the panels i added texture to?

Attachments

• arlene cabinent.jpg
    arlene cabinent.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 53
  • arlene cabinent.zip
    56.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Robert, not too bad. To get rid of the materials, open the Materials browser. Go to the In Model library (drop down menu), right click on each texture and choose Delete.

Not to nit pick but, set precision to 1/64" and uncheck Enable length snapping. This will help you get the components aligned properly. Also while you're in Window>Model Info, go to components and get rid of the check mark for hiding components. when the model disappears while you're editing a component, it's hard to edit that component relative to the other stuff.

Finally, go to Styles and hit the Edit tab. Click on the wireframe cube and change line color to By Axis. Note the black lines. The diagonal bracing should have black lines as should the circles. All the rest of the components should have edges in red, green and blue. Not that the back and the bottom front rail don't have any red lines. This indicates these components aren't square to the rest.

Keep plugging away.

By the way, did you intend to send back the boiler model or do you want me to edit the one I have?

Either or Dave , I think they are both the same, well I did send you the one where i "tried" to straighten up the sides, that didn't work so well :D

I think I'm confused though I want to unpaint what I've painted, not remove them from the library, or am I doing it wrong?

I'll look at the boiler soon.

When you're deleting the materials, you're only deleting them from the In model library. They'll still be available in the Wood Library for later use.