SMC Site Hacked ???

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
Anybody tried accessing SMC this morning? That cant be their new advertising version. No WW forums there at all just ads. I'm guessing their whole site got hijacked??

Glad he got it sorted.

About the adverts, well, as I've said from the start, it is Keith's site, he owns it, he can run it anyway he likes, I wish him the best of luck with it. :thumb:

Nope it is still messed up. Just checked it at 4:20 am. :dunno:

Might take a while to show up normally though it's back for me already. Here's the post on Keith's SMC thread for anybody else that still cant get in:

I'm sorry for the problem this morning. It seems that our Domain expired and I missed the email notification. I have alread updated our account status with our registrar and I hope the DNS records are updated shortly.

My apologies with Egg on my face........

Keith

Ouch. That kind of thing can happen to anyone. Lots of people are missing their fix right now. He's really lucky no-one jacked the name while it was free... My DNS still can't find it.

Thanks,

Bill

It is 9 am here on the east coast and just a minute ago I tried and it is still not back to normal for me.
If the domain expired and someone else jumped on it SMC may have a bit of a problem.

Last edited:
I have no issues with that place whatsoever...and have absolutely no history there either, but to tell you the truth I have not been there in over a year and really don't have a hole in my woodworking life because of it. I'm happy right here....

But that being said, I know everyone that has a website or forum puts a lot of time and energy into it,and whether it was a catastrophe, or just a mis-cue on the admins part, it still sucks, so I feel for him and hope he gets it fixed.