GM Key Fob Panic Button

If worse comes to worst, you can always slip the remote off the ring, throw it in a drawer, and just use the key. Sometimes in this world of fancy schmancy gizmos we forget that the key will actually work to lock and unlock the door.
Unless the remote is built into the key itself like mine. When I bought my SUV (used) it only came with one "full" key and one "unlock the door in an emergency" key. A duplicate of the "full" key was going to cost something like $285 at the Lexus dealer, so I'm taking my chances with the single key for now.

I appreciate all the comments and responses, even the stories! Vaughn, I don't think I have ever been off by an entire floor, although it came close in DC.

I thought about CA glue, but my very first thought after that was the way things go around here, I would test it and it would stick in the ON position. I am glad to see I am not the only one who thinks like that.

I think I am going to disassemble it and see if I can disconnect the contacts with tape or something. I came close to disassembling it with the hammer the other day, but that would have only made me feel better for a little while.

Bill

It is probably a small printed circuit board. If you can find the trace that goes to that button, you could try to scratch it off the board with an exacto-knife. That might work. Depending on the circuit, it might also kill the other functions too. :huh: