Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One sick little girl

One sick little girl

What a long night...

In Alyson's 18 months of life this is the sickliest she has ever been. Between the coughing, throwing up, fever and unable to sleep...she is one sick little girl. She's been one healthy girl so far...never seeing the pediatrician outside of regular check-ups but if she is not better in the morning, I think we might have to go to the hospital.

I know its something every parent goes through, but boy does it break your heart to see your little one so sick. Its been a long night for her mother and I. About the only silver lining I can see is this. Alyson has been finding her independence lately so being rocked to sleep is something she does not like to do anymore. Last night though she did not mind it at all. Neither did I...technically she's a toddler now, but she'll always be my baby girl.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Sounds like she got bitten by one of the flu bugs that's going around. I hope she gets well soon.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Travis,
    It does break your heart to see them that sick you want to make them better but can't. That is some kics tush bug going around. Hope she feels better.

Chuck

I think a visit with a Dr. would be a good thing. Better safe than sorry.

Here's a link http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/med.../kawasaki.html for something that most people haven't even heard of. Our grand-daughter had this a little over 3 years ago when she was 9. Very few cases happen at that old of an age for a kid. Mostly infant to 5-6 years.

The treatment is pretty easy. It's the diagnosis that's really hard, as this malady mimicks so many other things. It is not to be taken lightly though. By the time we had a diagnosis, we were about 24 hours from losing our grand-daughter.

Anyway, well worth reading up on this one for all you that have younguns.

Karl

Travis,
    Watch her fluid intake - a neighbor just spent 3 days in the hospital with her 6 year old on IVs to rehydrate her after having the same flu like symptoms.

I hope Alyson is doing better this afternoon.

Wes

Travis, I sure hope Alyson is doing better....

One statement you made hit home with me...

"technically she's a toddler now, but she'll always be my baby girl."

Could not be more true...my daughters are in their late 20's, early 30's and they are each and everyone, still my little girls! Each of them a favorite!

Doug

Alan DuBoff is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Last edited by Alan DuBoff; 02-27-2008 at 09:20 AM.

Keep rocking and giving that fatherly and motherly care. And, yes, she will always be your baby girl. Ours is now 21 and, you bet, she is still my baby girl. All the best.

She is going to the Doctor's today. I told my wife last night she was really sick. I watched her all afternoon and all she did was lay on my lap and sleep on and off. I could not get her to drink anything, and eating was out too. She also felt hot, really hot, but my wife felt it was just a bad cold. We took her temp and it was 102...

I am sure its not life-threatening, but she's going to the doctor's anyway. I'll keep you updated on this little girls condition.
    I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Johnson View Post
    She is going to the Doctor's today. I told my wife last night she was really sick. I watched her all afternoon and all she did was lay on my lap and sleep on and off. I could not get her to drink anything, and eating was out too. She also felt hot, really hot, but my wife felt it was just a bad cold. We took her temp and it was 102...

I am sure its not life-threatening, but she's going to the doctor's anyway. I'll keep you updated on this little girls condition.
    Taking to doctor, at this point, is the right thing. Not taking fluids is serious. Use tepid water on chest and forehead to keep temp under control.
    Keep us informed. God bless.