Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: morning disaster

morning disaster

Our coffee maker bit the dust last night. Just won't work. And, we don't have any instant on hand. I had to boil some water and pour through the basket to get a starter cup before church. Wally World will see us come by later today.

Our hearts and minds go out to you and your family, Frank. I hope you can make it through the rough times between now and whenever you can get to Wally World.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Oh the HORROR!!!

Please accept my condolences for the agony you must me suffering!

BTW, I've had a couple cups!

There is no bigger coffee addict than me. I keep the Folgers company solvent. I'd give up coffee before making my annual trip to Wally World. I don't like to go shopping. I don't like Wally World. I try (I really do try Sharon) to shop in Wally World at least one time annually. I don't take my wife with me, in case, I freak out in the parking lot or just plain ole' chicken out in the parking lot..I could lie about making the trip since there were no credible witnesses with me....I don't shop anywhere I have to park 4 acres away......Did I mention I don't like shopping or Wally World?

My sympathies Frank!
    Ken
    ------

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in what must be a very trying time. Keep your head up & you'll get through this.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you in these tryiing times. One little word, three letters Frank, Tea !! Ok I know it got a bad wrap years ago in Boston but it is good for such occasions. Cheerio, pip pip and all that rot.
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............

Frank,

My sympathies are with you. But, like Weldon Kees said, "most things break." Given that, you should do what true coffee addicts do: pick up several cans of premade coffee, like they sell at starbucks and trader joe's. Pouring boiling water through coffee filters is so 90's...

Thanks,

Bill

Wow, that was close. Congrats on powering through a difficult time ;-) The very thought of a morning without coffee makes me shudder. Wait, shuddering takes too much energy, I should have said groan .
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I survived. Pouring hot water through the filter got results. Not good results but gulpable coffee. Later found a tiny, one cup, maker in the pantry. Works and I'm drinking coffee from it now. Need to get that caffeine titer up to working levels before world starts revolving every day.
    Cheers, y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    I survived. Pouring hot water through the filter got results. Not good results but gulpable coffee. Later found a tiny, one cup, maker in the pantry. Works and I'm drinking coffee from it now. Need to get that caffeine titer up to working levels before world starts revolving every day.
    Cheers, y'all.
    Glad to hear that you survived Frank. I think you need to build a case and put a jar of instant behind it with a sign in case of emergency.....
    Daily Thought: SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS...............