morning disaster

We needed a new coffee maker & since I can't drink to much anymore & to make a whole pot is a waste LOML picked up this one http://www.keurig.com/ it makes 1 cup at a time & you can set the temperature I got it as hot as it goes 192° just the way I like it nice & hot. She got a insert so you can use regular coffee grounds. I'm very happy with it.

Chuck

My understanding of tea is this, it has caffeine in it, but it also has a sedative too. I saw this on modern marvels and basically what they said was, coffee hits you with adrenaline and gives you that fight-or flight kind of jolt. Tea has enough stimulant to wake you up, but enough of a sedative so that you are merely awoken not cranked up.:dunno:

My green tea may not be everyone. I simple toss a few bags of it into a gallon jug and put it in the refrigerator. Its very weak I admit, but just enough to give it some taste. Whatever amount of tea in it must be enough because when I drink it, I go to the bathroom a lot. I mean a lot. I had to tell the boss that I was not trying to get out of work, it was simply the green tea I drink.

But today I think that will be good. I think I got a touch of what Alyson had, and I think Green Tea helps keep you hydrated and flushed out. That is just a gut feeling, I am not a doctor so I really don't know. :dunno:

Travis this is from the Silk Road web site.

The caffeine in tea affects you differently than the caffeine in coffee:
> Coffee gives you a very fast lift, but an equally sharp decline in your energy is felt later.
> Tea gives you a slower, more delayed lift, which leads to a plateau, and then a secondary lift.
> Tea does not give you a sharp decline, rather it very gradually decreases so you don’t feel the negative effects of the decrease in the way it is felt with coffee.
> Black and semi-green teas are a good way to wean yourself off of coffee; you can start out by continuing to drink a cup of coffee in the morning and following it up with a black or semi-green tea in the afternoon.

a note about the caffeine and nutritional value of teabags:
> Teabags release up to twice as much caffeine as loose teas because they are made with low grade leaves that are powdered and crushed up.
> As soon as a tea leaf is crushed, the surface area of the leaf is exposed to more air, which causes the tea to lose nutrient value, go stale and lose flavour rapidly.*
> To counteract loss of flavour, more crushed leaves are used, which equals more caffeine.
> Teabags are generally made with low-grade leaves (the twigs, leaves, stems that are located lower on the tea bush) as opposed to the “top” leaves and bud that are used for high quality loose teas. The lower grade leaves contain less nutrient value, not solely because they are crushed, but also because they are poorer quality to start out with.
> Many estates produce their entire low-grade tea yield solely for teabag production, and some teabag manufacturers also use leftovers from high-grade tea production (crushed and broken leaves).
> Teabags are made with glue to hold the bag together when it hits the water.