Grandsons crib.....done!

Steve Ash

The last post in the building of a crib for my Grandson Aiden. Last time I posted on this subject was this thread

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7751

Yesterday Aidens mom and dad were going to town so I thought it would be a great time to surprise them with the finished crib, set up and ready to use.

0971.jpg

A close up of Aiden in his new crib before his mommy foo-fooed it up with mattress bumper pad, carousel and some stuffed toys.

0921.jpg

It was a absolute joy to see him in his new crib which in my view is one of my best projects to date...made with lots of love, and hopes of plenty of sweet dreams in the future.

As always, Thanks for looking and the positive comments you have made in the preceeding posts of Aidens crib build.

Hi Steve :wave:,
Well said by the others! :thumb:
It does take flat work to a most important level!

Let's see one of the round vortex folks put that in a bottle :D..... Opps:doh: Forgot about "Jeannie".:rolleyes: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Okay, let's see one of those round vortex folks even try to put Aiden in a bottle.:doh: They are in for trouble with that one!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Thanks and congratulations,
Shaz :)

Very nice!!! :thumb: Both the Bambino and the crib. When I saw the other post it took me a minute or three to figure it out. That is a great style and definitely not your run of the mill design.

Hey Grampa Steve, that is one fine job! :thumb:

Make sure (if you have not already done so) that you put your name and date on the underside somewhere, that crib is sure to become a family heirloom :D

Thanks everybody for the compliments and comments.

Stu, if you click on the link in the opening post, the fourth picture down shows the signature medallions I put in every thing I build. It is in the lower section of the footboard out of view.

Larry, the next thing that HAS to get done is Judy's sewing cabinet. She has been extremely patient and it is her time next.

Barry, if I know my son like I think I do, he will have Aiden shooting a bow before a gun/rifle. Then I think it will be time for grandpa to buy Aiden his first gun or rifle and probably a .22 will be the choice at the time.

Again, Thanks everybody.