looking to buy my first hand plane...

Obviously didn't listen very well. you couldn't have said it better. There is a difference in inexpensive & cheap.

be nice guys we were all there once:D:rofl: and to think he got several offerd to him free.. man he must live near you bart:) hey just a partial warning i might be out your way after all we got a piece of paper in the mail yesterday thatr called us ma and dad now that took the cake,, cant say no now if we can get the time..

wow guys that wasnt very nice. i DID listen to you guys and i didnt find anything locally and i dont really want to buy used stuff without seeing it in person first so ebay is not an option til i get to know what im looking at first

i bought a block plane just as you guys suggested. now im looking to get a #4 just as you guys suggested

i had one guy offer me a plane and never heard back from him and now jimmy is offering some and we are working something out. no reason to be mean! i listened very well

wow guys that wasnt very nice. i DID listen to you guys and i didnt find anything locally and i dont really want to buy used stuff without seeing it in person first so ebay is not an option til i get to know what im looking at first

i bought a block plane just as you guys suggested. now im looking to get a #4 just as you guys suggested

i had one guy offer me a plane and never heard back from him and now jimmy is offering some and we are working something out. no reason to be mean! i listened very well

hey mike a used stanley is pretty much a safe bet to be better than any you buy in the store stanleys anyway.. thoise ole boys talkin planes know there stuff and once you get a feel for them you will understand what i am and they are saying..i am newbie in this plane acquistion thing but its very addictive and the use for them show every day now....

Just a little good natured kidding.

Seriously, if you want a #4 or anything else just talk to Walt Q. I can recommend him without hesitation. www.brasscityrecords.com Walt is a straight up guy and will not cheat you! Walt has sent me stuff with a bill. No money up front! He calls it "Old Tool Terms". If your not happy just pay to send it back. It it's what you want. Send him the money for it.

BTW, even if you don't see it on his web site, just give him a call. I bet he has one, if not he can get one. I bet he passed up #4's all the time.