Thread: sawstop contractor saw

sawstop contractor saw

i got an email from WJ Redmond Machinery saying they were given one of the first demo saws from the new contractor saw from sawstop.

link to the site

http://www.redmondmachinery.com/page...p%20Cont%20Saw

chris

They make you send an e-mail to get a price quote. Must be a heart stopper.

frank,

i think it is because of the way the sawstop is priced. they show the cab saw at one price but when they qoute it they add delivery to their store and to you, and they add an extra cartridge and the dado cartridge. so i think they like to know what options and extras you want.

they originally showed the price at 799, if so i think that would be a great price for the peace of mind.

chris

I'm hearing closer to $1500 to actually get one. Is the fence extra on the CS?
    Got Wood?

I originally thought it would be about $800, at which point it would be a must have. Even Doorlink would go for that one! Then last fall they were talking 1K more than that, which is *way* out of my ballpark.

It's too bad. I don't need the fence, or the stand, or even the wings. But I've given up even thinking about it. For that kind of money, I've be better off with a festool saw and guide

Thanks,

Bill

scott, if the pricing is like the cab saw, it will be closer to 1500 to get it. i don't remember the specifics of the price for the cab saw but it was somewhere like 3200 total. can't remember it the fence was extra or not.

i'll search for a thread i think i posted the pricing in

chris

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    I've drooled over the saw at my local woodcraft store and although for the money (around 1800) it's a great buy it's just not in my budget. It is realy well made for the most part a better saw then some cabinate saws I've seen.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

Well, they've posted prices on the web ad now, but you still have to call to order.

Ouch, the prices they have posted are as much as I paid for my new PM-66 in '91, and it "included" a Biese Commercial Fence with it and two cast iron wings.