Buying from Ex Factory

Mike Gabbay

I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has bought from Ex Factory. I know it is sold "as is". I'm curious as to their pricing and willingness to negotiate as well as customer service.

I'm looking at buying a cabinet saw in the next several months. It seems they have a decent selection.

From what I understand they just represent sellers. If I had a something for sale I could let them list it for me. They get a commission. From what I understand (and I have no experience with them) they are on the high end/top of the market price wise too.

I contacted them about a planer once. They were more interested in talking price and delivery options than giving me any information on the planer. IMHO, they are not honest about whether they have the equipment in their possesion and I suspect they haven't even seen the equipment. some times. When I asked bluntly if they even had the planer, and if they did where it was located, they never responded back. Then I found the same planer or at least the same pictures on Ebay with a much lower price (buy it now.)

Thanks guys. I'm looking on ebay and CL for a saw and thought I'd give Ex Factory a try as well. I guess if you find the right tool and the right price then it should make no difference.

I've bought a couple of things from them that were not available elsewhere. Definitely high on price because they are a middle-man. I've seen pieces listed there that were close to double what the owner was selling for privately. The service will depend on the rep that you are dealing with. The more it costs, the better the service, which makes sense considering the time they put in vs the payment they get. I know that I would rather sell a $30,000 moulder than a $500 table saw, commission-wise...