My first thought is the D-Con type poison also. But with dogs, or cats, if they get to the dead animal before you do, they just ate the same poison.
My parents have had a couple Min. Schnauzers. With the first one, Dad would shoot a squirrel out of the pecan tree, and Mitzi would grab the thing, kill it, then eat it. Everything but the tail! Rattler got her in the face when she was about 12 years old. The new one doesn't eat squirrels. Jim.
Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3