Questions for the UK Turners

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
I see Jet in the UK is introducing a rebranded version of the Powermatic 3520b:

http://www.jettools.co.uk/3520b.html

I also see that it costs somewhere around $4100 US. The Powermatic version costs around $2800 here in the US. So my questions...

Is the Powermatic 3520b available on your side of the pond?

If so, how much does it sell for?

Hi Vaughn, had a quick look around and can't find much to do with 'Powermatic' over here at all. As you say the Jet version is here, and when you search around the net on lathe dealers it just throws up the Jet lathe.

There was a Powermatic agent over here a few years ago, but don't think he is still active, and can't remember who it was. :dunno: If it is available over here they are keeping it well hidden.

Mind you this leads me on to a personal rant. In a lot of cases when you buy US goods in UK the rate nearly always ends up at $1 = £1. Not a very good exchange rate I think you would agree.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, Tam. I was guessing that it it wasn't available, and if it was, it'd be at a premium price. I agree the exchange issue seems off-balance.
A Mayo colored Mustard lathe..........:huh:

Is that even legal :eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If you poke around that site, you'll see the have the PM 4224 in white, too. :rolleyes: It looks kind of neat in white, but I've become partial to the yellow. ;)

Thanks for the info, Tam. I was guessing that it it wasn't available, and if it was, it'd be at a premium price. I agree the exchange issue seems off-balance.

If you poke around that site, you'll see the have the PM 4224 in white, too. :rolleyes: It looks kind of neat in white, but I've become partial to the yellow. ;)

MUSTARD Vaughn......... MUSTARD :D :rofl::rofl::rofl: