Bamboo Plywood

Erik Monson

I'm planning to use bamboo plywood for cabinet doors on my remodel project. I like the look of the face and edge grain. We want the flat panel euro look and the thought of avoiding all that edge banding really appeals to me. The downside is cost. The stuff is about $200 a 4'x8'. I want to know if anyone has had any experience with this product and if they have any advice they'd like to pass along regarding workability and durability.
Thanks
Erik Monson

I've never even seen it, But I did see a project last week on the DIY channel where they made (kitchen cabinets IIRC) out of it. They didn't mention any problems working with it.

hi erik, if this had been a few months later i could help, i plan to make a small bath vanity for my house out of it. but haven't done it yet.

check out this site. www.woodweb.com

do a search for "bamboo" and a few discussions with pop up

chris

ps. what companies have you checked out to source the ply? just wondering as i have checked out quite a few and gotten sample from 2 so far

Last edited:
Bamboo source

Thanks for the link Chris. I was looking for info on whether bamboo warps much. The place I'm getting my my ply from is www.plyboo.com. They have an outlet about a mile away. They sent me a whole sample pack.
Thanks again
Erik Monson

erik, i got some samples from them too. they were nice. i wish i had an outlet that close. i hate to see the shipping cost on top of the price.

please let me know how it goes, i am most curious about how well it machines with traditional woodworking tools. i read it can split when nailed and screwed.

thanks, good luck
chris