Finally some DC progress to report......

Tonight I finally got my DC about 15 minutes away from being totally completed.

In the first photo is the DC drop for my SCMS

In the 2nd photo is the drop in the middle of my shop for the t/s, b/s, planer and jointer. You can also see the 3rd drop to the right of the DC. It services my lathe during sanding operations.

The 3rd photo is a better view of the middle drop.

The 4th photo is the 3hp Oneida Super Dust Gorilla. That thing really sucks!

I'm now at the point where I can set up my new b/s and start building a lumber rack, assembly table and cabinets for the shop. FInally!

dc1.JPG

dc2.JPG

dc3.JPG

dc4.JPG

And...........No Nancy....I haven't turned anything except 3 Christmas ornaments since September......but that's fixing to change!:D

Last edited:
Looks very well done Ken, not that I'm surprised, as you do nice work.

Up out of the way like that is cool, I bet you are chomping at the bit to get it all done now :thumb:

Ken,

I really like your installation - very well done. When I looked at all those decoratively cut ceiling brackets only one thing came to mind...... Ken must be retired!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't wait to see everything finished. Keep up the good work.

Ken - Looks good. A word of caution though... I'd maybe move your lathe further away. When this get's fired up it is a little loud. Over time it can be a little nerve wracking.

Mike

Ken - Looks good. A word of caution though... I'd maybe move your lathe further away. When this get's fired up it is a little loud. Over time it can be a little nerve wracking.

Mike

If in time Ken finds it a problem, down the road he could build a closet around it. Right now he is anixous to get it fired up. ( I Think :dunno::dunno::dunno:)

That would be my game plan.:thumb:

Ken,

I really like your installation - very well done. When I looked at all those decoratively cut ceiling brackets only one thing came to mind...... Ken must be retired!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Can't wait to see everything finished. Keep up the good work.
Rennie.....not retired yet. The brackets weren't that difficult. I jigged them on my sliding compound miter saw. All of them in 2 hours or so, including pre-drilling the holes and chamferring everything.

Mike

Mike, As Bob suggested, I'm going to build a room around the DC.

If in time Ken finds it a problem, down the road he could build a closet around it. Right now he is anixous to get it fired up. ( I Think :dunno::dunno::dunno:)

After this wait, I want to start buildign cabinets and getting things put away. You are right, eventually a room around the DC.

That would be my game plan.:thumb:

Looking good Ken!!! But hurry up, man!

I don't want to see and ad like this down the road:

"ESTATE SALE, large collection of woodworking tools and dust collection system. All tools 5 years old but in "like new" condition. Some are still in original factory crates."

:wave::dunno::rofl:

Looking good Ken!!! But hurry up, man!

I don't want to see and ad like this down the road:

"ESTATE SALE, large collection of woodworking tools and dust collection system. All tools 5 years old but in "like new" condition. Some are still in original factory crates."

Barry, if you do see that ad...I'll split the cost of a uHaul! :D:rofl:

Looking great Ken. I'm sure your list of woodworking projects is getting long as you complete your shop setup. You should make quick work of them after all your planning. Well Done!:thumb:

Uh....Barry....No crates left in the shop. They were all hauled out several weeks ago. I've even got dust on the new b/s though I haven't mounted a blade on it yet.... I have a co-worker who is an amateur guitar builder. He's been hounding me to resaw some koa for him. I refused to fire up the bandsaw until I had DC available. I suppose I'm going to have to mount one of my new Olsen bi-metal blades and learn to resaw.

My first project is a wood storage rack in the corner ......left side of the first photo. I have 2 piles of scrap plywood including some full sheets and framing materials left over from the build. I can gain a lot of floor space. Then some hanging cabinets to start putting "stuff" away. Then the LOML has developed a long list.

Last edited: