Hi all.

Kevin Reid

I was directed to this forum by a certain moderator that has a species of tree as part of his name. Im looking forward to learning from others experiences. I have a 24 x 24 pole barn that I am converting into a wood shop this spring.

I completed my first project this past summer which was a triple level bunk bed for a 3 year old who didnt have a bed. The top two levels are for storage because the reason she didnt have a bed is that they didnt have any room.

This was my first experience with mortices, tenons and plain ordinary straight cutting. Imagine that. Things go together much better when the parts are straight. Who would have thunk it?

My plan is to make all the furniture in my house. Good thing I like simple designs.

Feel free to say hi.

Welcome Kevin. It was sure swell of ole Billy Birch to refer you on over the the forum. Or was it Walter Walnut? No? Hmmmm . . . OK, it must've been Steve . . . I promise we will not hold that against you. Welcome aboard!

Welcome Kevin

You'll enjoy it here. One of the rules is you have to post pics, or your stay will be short lived.

:rofl: :rofl:

Welcome aboard, Kevin. :wave: Good to have you here. Yep, ol' Steve Sycamore is one of the best Moderators we've got here. :rofl:

My initiation - A pic to seal the deal.

Here is a pic of my very first woodworking project from this past summer. The top two levels are for storage and the bottom level is for sleeping. Or the little girl can have two friends stay over. If they can find a ladder big enough.

Attachments

• Copy of 100_0872.jpg
    Copy of 100_0872.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 23
Very cool bed and storage solution. I spent most of college sleeping in a loft bed so my desk could fit underneath. It was the only way to get a desk into the room ;-)

Hi Kevin.:wave: Welcome to the family, and you might kinda Nudge the Ashman and wake him up, 'cause he's been kinda quiet lately. Heck I can't even remember how long it's been since he's posted a John Deere.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice job on the Bunks with storage.:thumb: