After a few attempts, I finally got this one finished. It's Bradford Pear, about 10 1/2" by 8", and about 4 1/4" tall at the high wing. The blank (from eBay) had a scrape on the bark, leaving one bit of the edge barkless. I made an attempt to graft some spare bark into place after I rough turned it, but it's by no means seamless. It looks like a hunk of bark glued into a gap. (It's hidden pretty well in the pics, but it's pretty noticeable in person.) Ah well, it was good practice, and I'll sell it as a "second". The finish is my regular Antique Oil and lacquer combo. I haven't decided whether to buff it yet. I kind of like the slight matte finish in this one, but it'd also look nice glossed up.
Attachment 18146 Attachment 18147 Attachment 18148
Comments and suggestions are welcome and accepted.