Very Disappointed

Bob Spare

Bought Hitachi SB 8V2 Belt Sander yesterday. Went to use it this morning.

Sander.jpg

This is what I am getting. (4th board)
Used all the adjustments, read the manual etc.

As you can see it is sanding about 3/4 inch of 3" inch sander paper??

Do I take it back???????? Got it from Lowes.

100_0460_edited.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, I'd take it back in a New York minute, and take that board with you to show what it's [not] doing. That sander is badly out of adjustment and probably damaged. If you can find a Makita, you might be in better shape.

Nancy

Since I have never seen a belt sander that adjusted anything other than the belt centering, I'm going with take it back. Something must be keeping the rest of the shoe from making contact.

Assuming you've checkt the platten for flatness and made sure there is nothing up underneath it that would cause it to bear unevenly on the back of the sandpaper - take it back.

I would take it back.

Another thing I see is the sander body (frame) sticks far out past
the rollers on the both sides of the sander.
You can't get the sander tight into a corner.

Last edited:
Brought it in, to get ready to take it back.

Found the problem. The bottom motor housing at the heel is holding the sand paper from making full contact, allowing the motor housing to hold the paper away. And it will never will make full contact.

I could modify it .........on second thought.........Heck......... NO, No, no..........Im retired from machine working.

Last edited:
I could modify it .........on second thought.........He _ _ double tooth picks NO, No, no..........I'm retired from machine working.
:mad: :mad:
:mad: :mad:

Good choice, you should never have to modify a new tool to try and get it to work.

IMO ..it's just a poorly engineered sander.

Last edited: